Thursday, September 03, 2009

Hello ! Its September !

Already 3rd quarter of the year? looks like raining season is here and the seasonal fruits are coming to an end. I had a 3 days weekend off last weekend and this weekend its another 3 days...yippie!

Last Sunday, Diane and me went to the annual Bookfest by Popular Bookstore at KLCC , we took a quick browse around, not really in the mood for books hunting, spent only about an hour there and I came home with these.Diane's pick, felt projects. If you have been following me for awhile, you will know that Diane is the Princess of Procrastinator where crafting is concerned, yet I cannot say 'NO' on this, if she shows interest to want it. She has found something to her liking , while I shall wait patiently for something to materialize from her ;P Already she is telling me that she can't sew well....is that a hint??? urm..hum.....


I must show this, the brooch I received from Sabariah at the August meet , handmade by her that I had forgot to blog. Lucky me to receive such a beautiful piece at my first attendance. Thanks so much, Sabariah!
Tea break? Neither tea nor coffee but both?At any coffeeshop here, if you were to asked for a 'Cham O' that's the combination, coffee and tea without milk. With milk? just asked for 'cham' and these days, even the mamak stalls recognized that drink by its name.
Unfortunately, my 'cham o' is not good for drinking, its been siting on my desk since this morning, am going to test dye with a piece of white evenweave.
Have a good day everyone !

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I nearly bought the book(with the 30% sticker in the first picture) sometime ago, waiting for offer first...lol, and I think I have a copy of that book (Handmade bag-the one on the right in the second picture) heee.
I think we called the "Cham O" as "Yuan Yang" over here in Singapore, but I have never taste it before.

Janet C said...

I have the 100 flowers and I like Diane's choice - the hedgehogs are so cute.
So you caught the dyeing fever too! :D

Ranae said...

The books look like lots of fun. The felted hedgehogs are so adorable. Thank goodness you are going to dye with that stuff and not drink it, lol

Dawn B. said...

I wish Dianna would do up the felt animals. They are so cute and would make great pincushions.