Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Christmas RR - Round 3

Anna's theme - Christmas Candle on Aida
Round 3 at NNC
Design by Michelle M Lash of Bittercup Designs
Design Name ~ Christmas Centerpiece
from Christmas Ornaments 2008
Originally, the full design would not fit into the square. I had improvised the design by omitting part of the candle stand and shorten the length of the candle. This is now done while mailing is by October 15.
Took a couple of hours on my extra day off yesterday to complete this , Little Pumpkin in the patch, Heart in Hand Design on 32 ct linen. All DMCs since the flosses are already within reach from my previous stitching and I was too lazy to rummaged thru my OD flosses from its storage box. Anyway, our pumpkin patch are always green and never in autmny colors unless its dried and dead, lol .


An early Birthday present arrived!
The PO left me a collection note on Friday to collect an insured mail that had to wait till this morning for me to collect due to the 3 days weekend. This special package had travelled all the way from Jess W , in down under who had so thoughtfully got it mailed before she went on holiday. Thank you so much Jess W, I know its gonna be wonderful inside coming from you.
Many thanks to all who stopped by, appreciate your comments and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Nima said...

wow...the christmas candle looks pretty....i really miss doing RRs..

Dawn B. said...

I like the candle. A birthday comming up...Oh My. You gonna open it early or can you wait?

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely job on the RR, and great work at making it fit!

I've stitched that little pumpkin piece too, so cute!

Mylene said...

You did a great job on the RR block.