Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the candles lit again?

Yep! it did!

Vincent asked : How many candles mummy ???

Me : Is that a must? (I can see people in the cake house turned their heads my way, even those in queue popped their heads out starring at me)

Immediately, I whispered ONE...he went blink~ blink and I smiled and walked away from the counter...haiz...on a happy note, just look at these absolutely beautiful gifts that's been coming in ahead of the day. First to arrived weeks ahead was from Jess in downunder.


Her package opens to reveal these wonderful treasures and as always, Jess's stitching over one is always perfect. Sorry the picture is a bit blurry

On Friday, the postie brought Barbara J's parcel with a French theme. Wonderful stashy gift including a hanging ornament from Maryse's freebie design, also stitched over one and a beautiful pinpillow with matching lace ribbon around it. I will leave it as it is as it looked very pretty and befitting the pillow.

and Saturday brought more goodies in the mail

Just look at these absolutely marvellous gifts I received from Margaret W, I find myself so blown away with her generosity and thoughtfulness that she has put into the package . Every item was individually wrapped and I had to open each one accordingly to instructions! Diane make sure I DID follow the instructions. That was much fun ! Picture here are the gifts in the order of opening and below, close up of the items

A very prim pin looking pillow, thou I have made for someone of such shape, I have yet to make one for me. Now, I've got two :D
My first ever fabric stamping!! Never heard of it, Never seen it until now! and looked what I did? I didn't realised that one of the pillow is upside down.....what a blunder!
The back of the pillow...luckily these are right side up..LOL!
Magnificent eh?
Closeup of the fabrics and the miniature wooded frames that I was commenting to Margaret only recently about the frame stand that was on the Tra-la-la charts.... You've guessed it! Envy me! Envy me! These Tra-la-la charts are mine!!! LOL

That's the look on the wooden frame stand. Gorgeous!!
La Duo Gourmand
She really spoilt me!!

From Janet C in Ipoh, a wonderful unexpected gift from her and its not the first time she surprised me with wonderful goodies, that adorable gingham pillow is done up with chicken feet stitches or was it chicken stitches, just couldn't recalled its name for now..and sorry for another blurry picture, will take another closeup of it to post
From Jamis, a non-stitcher, never failed each year to deliver personally, thou her visit was short but we had a good chat and some good laugh, regretted only that I forgot to take pictures of her visit and what we did on that Saturday afternoon before I had to get Diane to her music center . Tuesday's postie brings Eling's gift, very cute felted food goodies which are floss tag, felt magnets, more felt stash, a all felt craft book and a hand-held portable sewing machine . I have yet to give it a try, must see if it works cos' it sure is a very handy gadget, imagine caring in a handbag and sewing anywhere. Fantastic !

I am so touched by the thoughtfulness and generosity from dear friends. I can't thank you ladies enough for pampering me with such lovely and wonderful gifts. Each and every pieces will be cherished. I loved them all !

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART
You ladies really made my day!!






The flowers on D' dayFrom DianeFrom Vincent, a conspiracy from the kids? both decided to get me teapots. Sweet.

Must have noticed my craze lately of having displayed my teapots in my post, they are most lovely by the way and thank you my dearest. Big hugs from mommy

Dear Brigitte, Jean wrote that the needlebook design is by Annemiek's Year of Primitive Floss tags Series


Thank you for coming by.





edited : 1 Oct'09

10 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Yup! one candle is more than enuf!

Wow! what a bounty in prezzies! envy envy..

Barbara J said...

Glad you liked them. I don't think I'm in Jess' league with one on one stitching! Mine was 2/2 :)

Ranae said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Wow! You truly have some wonderful freinds.
I am green with envy, lol

Meari said...

Happy Birthday, Lillie! What a wonderful bunch of presents!!

Janet C said...

The stitching is called Chicken Scratch. Glad u had a wonderful day! :)

Margaret wong said...

Am happy that you are happy :D I had a good laugh over that chicken feet stitching (visions of collecting chicken feet as a tool)!! ROTFLOL!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Lillie. Looks like you have lots of wonderful gifts there.
Many happy returns for the year ahead...

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday, Lillie. Best wishes and many many more...

Great gifts.

Mylene said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Lillie!

wow! such great presents you have received. Enjoy!!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lillie, you've received the most wonderful gifts here. You must feel very lucky and happy. Enjoy everything!
Happy belated birthday!