Friday, June 12, 2009

Chocolate Cake and Strawberry Ice cream...

this week!

Cake # 4 from Brooke's Publishing Book cake series, thou its the first in its series in 2008, I only stitched this now after July, August and October. I did not stitched the series in its order but more to my needs and purpose.
All DMC recommended colors except for DMC 3864 is replaced with 318. A satin rose ribbon plus mini lace bloom completes the look. Fabric : Belfast 32ct Antique White Linen June cake for a June gal. Happy Birthday June!


Strawberry Icecream is my Sweet Tooth Mail Art at Mail Art Friends
Design from Joan Elliot's Sentiments and Sayings. Its such a joy to stitch this. Initially, I thot the amount of back stitching would take a back seat but it was such a joy to watch the whole cup materialized slowly filled with strawberry ice cream, choc and cream and...me drooling over it. This was completed end of March. It finally left for its new home on May 23 to Finland for Niina and about 18 days later to arrived. This MA carries the special first day post marked postage on Engineering Excellence.
I am currently stitching the Initial MA due July 31 and something exciting coming up next, a foursome Christmas RR just materialize with Margaret W, Anna, Janet and me. First round has been set on July 30. This weekend I will have to chart my fabric and start stitching. Pictures later.

Thanks for your lovely comments on the jar pincushion for which I cannot take credit for the idea. I have seen that somewhere and it kinda registered in my brain, and when I saw the jar at the K-mart recently, I had flashes.

Tracey, I am not to sure if there is any tutorial out there. I can show you how I did it, but that will have to wait till I get another set of jar.

Dawn, the jar is functional in many ways other than a pincushion. Storing stitching smalls such as scissor, flosses, buttons, etc, its even big enough to fit standard size bobbins including as orth jar.

Have a good weekend everyone.

21 comments:

mainely stitching said...

What SWEET (LOL!) stitching!

Brigitte said...

Great stitching and finishing. And I agree with Barbara - sooo sweet!

staci said...

Adorable finishes!!! I love them :)

June said...

It's yummilicious. Thanks once again, Lillie.

Jackie said...

oh, so yummy !

Nima said...

wow...fabulous finishes

Mylene said...

wow! such great finishes!!

Ranae said...

Wowza! Two pretty fabulous finishes as always.

LODY said...

Lovely finishes! You've been busy... or should I say you're always busy stithing.

Jeanie said...

The cake and ice cream look yummy ! Lovely finishes ! Love your MAs :)

Dawn T. said...

Fantastic finishes!!

Carmen said...

yummi,lovley and sweet finish.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish... Very nice! Your MA exchange is adorable.

Zoe said...

Yummy finish! Too adorable. Makes me want a slice of cake!

Maren said...

Yummy designs! lol, now that's just the sort of mail I'd love to get this time of year. Cool, tasty, and it won't drip all over the mailbox. :)

Dawn B. said...

Once again you have some stunning work. Glad your MA reached it's new home safe. The whole June cake thing is very creative. I know she loved it.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous finishes Lillie!! And no hurry on the tutorial, I have plenty to do in the meantime. lol Thanks for responding to my comment though! :)

Sharon said...

Absolutely gorgeous finishes Lillie!

Srinity said...

Beautiful finishes! The cake and the braided ribbon around it is gorgeous! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow those two pieces just make me hungry!

TammyK said...

I LOVE the Brooke's cake & the way you finished it - lovely! Your pins are adorable too :o)