Done, last weekend. I've used some DMC jewel Effect #E135 on some swirlies on the cupcakes and the letter V, DS's initial replacing the O for October, the camera did not captured that little glittering effect . Next, I think I will start the September cake, that will be for me..LOL
The only progress done is the umbrella for Rainfell. My gift for Dawn on her Birthday.

On my last trip to Thailand, I got Dawn a Black-Tee with a picture of the working elephant that was in one of my February posting. I only got around to mail it to Dawn the weekend of Week 8 together with her Birthday gift. Am killing two birds with one stone.
I sent Dawn an Etui box in Dawn's favourite color complete with a pumpkin pincushion made by a very talented lady locally sometime back. I did not personally handmade my gift this time cos' I had a little accident with my ring finger a couple of weeks ago, almost chopped off a piece of my nail and sliced the skin beneath that nail off...almost, but it was still intact. So that cracked nail had to be carefully removed
I sent Dawn an Etui box in Dawn's favourite color complete with a pumpkin pincushion made by a very talented lady locally sometime back. I did not personally handmade my gift this time cos' I had a little accident with my ring finger a couple of weeks ago, almost chopped off a piece of my nail and sliced the skin beneath that nail off...almost, but it was still intact. So that cracked nail had to be carefully removedto encourage a faster recovery and nail growth. I can still stitch with aid of a hoop or scroll frame, in case
you wondered how I had stitched, and not forgetting with a finger 'pointing' all the time...lol. I was worried it would not heal in time to work my gift for Dawn.
I managed this little fob the moment the bandage got removed after about 10 days.
I managed this little fob the moment the bandage got removed after about 10 days.Design from LK's snippet MEOW to go with my scissors inside the box on blue evenweave
and white on the backed, finished it off with a little Meow paw and flowers and a 'D' and finished it off with the date.
and white on the backed, finished it off with a little Meow paw and flowers and a 'D' and finished it off with the date.Mailed on week 8. It arrived .
Thank you for stopping by, appreciate your visits and your time to leave me your comments very much.
Thank you for stopping by, appreciate your visits and your time to leave me your comments very much.
Have a good weekend everyone, it a public holiday this Monday, so its a 3 days off from work this weekend.
10 comments:
Sorry to hear about your finger, it must have hurt much. Do take extra care.
What a pretty birthday package! And enjoy that three day weekend! :D
Sorry to hear about your finger. The birthday package looks beautiful.
You sent out a wonderful birthday package. Dawn will be more than pleased.
Hope your finger doesn't hurt and is as well as before.
Oh dear! You must be careful. Glad to hear it had heal well.
BTW, the gifts are lovely and lovingly assembled. :}
The birthday package is lovely ! Take care of that little finger :)
sorry for your damage finger, i hope you do feel better soon.
lovely progress and gifts.
A great birthday package for Dawn. Hope your finger heals quickly.
So sorry to hear about your finger. Glad you were still able to stitch a little bit with it like that. Love all your stitching especially the October cake by Brook. Can't wait to see your September one.
Hey, I was on your wishlist, but I couldn't figure out where to leave a comment -I can imagine, if I would do stitching, the apple and the strawberry is so delightful!!
so, are you from Thailand? I was born in Indonesia, so I'm half Indo. Here in California they often think I'm Mexican (except for the Mexicans :) ).
Post a Comment