Thursday, March 12, 2009

My late Valentine and new interest

My valentine came late, honestly, better than never. This is a replacement Valentine Theme Mail Art by Connie who is so sweet to stitched me a replacement for the one that never came. By now its officially MIA. Normally, its my partner who goes MIA, thank goodness, it only occurs once or twice in a very long time. Touch wood. This round, Connie had it mailed in an envelope with the stamp postmarked on the MA before hand and it arrived safely yesterday.


All the lovely cards that came out from the MA and the 2 compulsory flosses.

Thank you so much, Connie . Very much appreciated.


New Interest ?? only craft related.....
Totally cotton fabric, case of a successful battle with the machine, a test drive you would say, done on Sunday..the whole day. Not a new machine, just that, MIL sends her Singer machine down to me recently, the black one that come attached with a table like and in metal legs???...you can guessed its age, lol
This is Burda Tunic - Pattern 7763
Upper body part was cut slightly differently from the design giving a fitter upper body part .

Was looking into some sleep wear for Diane. At her age, largest from the kids section is always too small somewhere and smallest from the adults will have her sweeping the floors. Not forgetting that, the designs are either too kiddy or too womanly to her taste.
She wants something girly yet not girly girly and one that looked her age..whatever that is and no shorts.

That is a tall order for me? Am not sure if I am all ready to be buddy-buddy with the sewing machine yet. Maybe, if I ponder a little longer...like 5 years..she'll be 19? dat should do the trick eh? LOL. I can sometimes be an evil mum !!!

I've narrowed down my search to these. I can see the pieces that might..might be to her liking.
Am I that adventurous yet ? Deep breath...........
Time will only tell.

Food Talk - All about brinjal/eggplantJeannette here are some links for the brinjal recipes from one of our popular cooking columnist , Amy Beh. Beh’s recipes include familiar well known local everyday dishes, including Indonesia and Thailand . With simple instructions, and using readily available ingredients, the recipes are easy to follow. Check it out.

My cooking style preference for this veg are more similar to this but with shrimps instead.

Btw, Jeannette, I send you a private mail sometime back . Did you receive it?
BENTO in the making??................nah!
It's last nite's dinner. I go for quick and simple every time DH is away.
Chicken fillet, broccoli, tomato, white rice and home-made mushroom sauce.


Thank you for visiting me and for the comments you left in the last post. My finger is doing fine now and the nails is on its way to a good healing process. I was very worried of infection and a distorted nail, not anymore.
Thank you all for visiting










9 comments:

Barbara J said...

That's a fantastic blouse! Must be a great feeling. I am actually contemplating sewing up a pair of basic shorts myself :) Using my existing pair as a template.

Dawn B. said...

Love the MA &The shirt. Good luck with the rest I know you can do it.

Mylene said...

The blouse turned out great. Well done! And that's a lovely MA you received.

Emily said...

Like I said before, Now aint that better than sewing stuff for looking at behind glass doors?!!!

Great job on that blouse and on an antique sewing machine too! I wld love to have one-handed-me-down too! Go ahead and sew more, you can do it!

Aw said...

great blouse, btw: where do you buy the sewing charts? I bought few Japanese sewing books from Kino but yet to try one. My first singer was a machine that my mum picked up from rubbish pile and I spent RM20 to repair ; bought the casing to keep it (RM110) :D....then my sis fixed a motor for me instead of threadling by feet :D
delicious food ...yum yum

Jeanie said...

Lovely MA ! Still have no courage to do one ;> The blouse looks great too !

Anonymous said...

lovely MA, this is something i've never tried before, I can see there's loads of work been put into the making of one
the blouse is fantastic, well done!

Brigitte said...

The mailart you received from Connie is fantastic. It's a pity that the first envelope has never arrived.
Very nice, your new blouse. Sewing clothes is a lot of fun.

Alviana said...

The tunic look great. I love the pattern :)