Friday, September 12, 2008

Stitching, mailing and a surprise.......
EMS's Rose Sample, done Part 4 & 5 as of todate, going on Part 6 and I hope to complete Part 7 this weekend. Its MIL's Birthday this Sunday, so I will have to travel away again this weekend and this shall come with me.August Cake from Brooke's Publishing Book, the only thing that I improvised is the A into a 'D' .yep ! D is for Diane. I did not finish this on time for her Birthday :( surprisingly she did not make a fuss out of it..lol and I got it done on the 25th instead, 10 days after her birthday. I am looking forward to stitch the September cake . I intend to stitch the September cake next to this, no! not for me but for Vincent whose birthday also falls on September. Then, I will fame this up. What do you think? or should I do a separate one? so both of them could keep theirs later on. Will need to give that a thought. MAIL ARTS
Front & back
This round its Little House Needleworks theme that went to Ulla L in Finland. My choice is from the chart Music and Books. Its laid with batik fabric and I finished it off the edge of the flap with the same fabric. However, I forgot to attached a treble clef charm that should go in the middle just below the notes..'sigh'

The Violet Bouquet - by The Sweetheart Tree. Made into a needleroll for the Exchange at HoE. It made its way to Karen D, USA. Am so glad that it got to her safe and sound and guessed what?
It turned out to be her favourite color. News such as these always makes me happy :D


This surprise package came from Margaret W, on Wednesday...and its written" DO NOT OPEN UNTIL"...and yes! I've been good ;P its still all wrapped up , today that is...LOL...can you resist it??? its so tempting huh??? and I got to wait for some 2 weeks! ..lol..unfair.....just kidding, Margaret.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Margaret, so thoughtful of you to sent this to me before your trip to London .......... yes, I will be good not to open it.... yet, I will hold my breath until I turned blue..... then I'll open lah! LOL ;P


Thank you for your lovely comments and visits everyone , have a wonderful weekend, this week end coincides with our Mooncake festival. Here are some pictures on the festival from google search, the festival goes back to ancient times.







9 comments:

Veronica said...

You got a lot of pretty stuff there. I can imagine your impatience to open the lovely wrapped package.

Love your mail art. It's cute.

Dawn B. said...

Your stitching is great as alway's and I don't know that i could wait that long to open an envy. You have good willpower.

mainely stitching said...

What a great post, Lillie! Thanks for sharing! :D

Daffycat said...

Beautiful pictures!

How can you resist opening that present??? I would be SO BAD!!!

staci said...

Look at all of your lovelies! And your patience is amazing...I don't think I could've waited, lol!

Janet C said...

Aiyoh! Such a good girl...behaving as the headmistress asked...hehehe.
(psst...she has gone to London, so you needn't worry about her cane...open-lah! *wink*)

Mailart and needleroll very cantik!

Sharon said...

Such lovely projects! I don't think I could wait 2 more weeks!

Anonymous said...

lol @ 'don't open until', I would have probably opened it before! Another pretty needleroll, I love the big bows. Now I'm thinking I need to make a few! Very nice job on the mailart, Lillie those little glasses on the books are soooo cute.

The EMS rose sampler is looking lovely. What colors fabric and thread are you using?

I think you should stitch the cakes separately, as you were thinking each can keep theirs in the later years...it's beautiful!

Sari (saristitching) said...

I love your finishing in Ulla's envelope. And those needlerolls are so beautiful!