Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I stitched and stitched for tooooooo....days

on Brooke's July birthday cake and finished it into a pinkeep. Its such an elegant cake. Why ain't my birthday cake ever looked like tis? I enjoyed stitching this, loved the flame on the candle and its not mine to keep.I've stitched the birthday gal's initial 'EL' instead of 'J' and for the back of the pinkeep, I finished it in a very bright and summery colored fabric.
The entire contents for Eling, Happy Birthday Eling, wishing you twice as much happiness and a wonderful birthday.
My lil' crop top is done , complete with the sleeve that is. Yippie! one UFO out of the way !!! yet to meet up with Pearl and thus no actual fitting to see how it looks like ;p
Another birthday that was actually in June
My lilttle surprise birthday gift that was soooo belated to Janet C... so glad Janet is still happy to receive from me :P
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
There was a 'Little Thailand' , a fair featuring products everything made in Thailand and their food near Diane's music centre last month. Only a short walking distance from the centre, found nothing to my liking except this, "Steamed glutinous rice served with fresh cut mangoes and coconut milk" Another version of this would be the 'durian' replacing the mangoes. Another yummy!

Thank you so much, Dani for the tip on the photography. I think I had a little of everything you mentioned. The first photo I tried with zoom-in from a distance and it looks so much better, at least no whites :D
Thank you so much for coming by everyone, appreciate very much for your visits and comments.
Have a good week !

10 comments:

Charlene said...

You've been busy Lillie. Just love your pinkeep.

mainely stitching said...

That mango sure looks tasty!

Great stitching!!

Mylene said...

Beautiful finishes! Congrats!!

hmmmm, sure miss the asian mangoes. Such a pity we can't buy them here.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely pinkeep!

Sharon said...

How gorgeous! What a lovely pattern. Great finishes too.

Anonymous said...

the pin keep is so cute... so is the bolero... it's crochet rite?

Janet C said...

Thanx Lillie for the gift.
The pinkeep is lovely and love the design of the crop. Congrats.

Dawn B. said...

You have been busy. I love the Birthday cake design as well. Great stitching and gift giving.

Anonymous said...

That Birthday cake looks good enough to eat...beautiful finish as well. Lucky Eling :-)
The crop top came out beautifully, great job, Lillie.
Food looks delicious. Ever had warm rice with plain yogurt? yummm.

Anonymous said...

good to visit your blog after very long time.....

you have a lot of new beautiful finishes...keep up your good work