Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mail Art in June

I can finally revealed my MAs. Red or Blue theme Mail Art and I choose Red for my partner Joanne of Kuantan, Pahang. The front design I took partially from the French Magazine DFE no 18 while the back, a design by Echevette.

Joanne received yesterday but wait, I've made minor changes to the closing prior to my mailing out as I find those cord are a little too thin and difficult to manage and replaced it with elastic bands. Unfotunately I can't show that, the photo is not with me on my home pc. I'll post that on Monday...I hope to.
Edited : 7 July 2008 .............showing the flap : with the elastic gold band replacing the red thread like cords. Sorry for the blurry photos.

Next is the Bird Theme mailart, again the front birdie came from the same magazine while the back is a design by Donna Kooler . The little birdhouse is something I made up while stitching the boarder for the address. For once, I've got the perfect stamps to go with this MA.




That big bird is a fridge magnet that flew into the MA...LOL. This MA flew to Janien in Belgium and she received this about 2 weeks ago. I was so glad that the bird magnet arrived in one piece.

Was on leave on Friday due to Parents-Teachers Day at Diane's school in the afternoon. I'm supposed to sent her for extra music class in the morning at 10am but a call I received the night before cancelled that. And so with that given time, I finished my 3rd PIF stitching and started my Summer Quaker. Today, I started an Animal Quaker after finishing my Summer Quaker stitching while waiting for Diane at the Music center which took 3 hours from the usual 1 hour. Final exams, the Yamaha highest of the lowest grade in piano due in August ..and thus the extended and extra hours being called.



There is still no progress made on my Rose Sampler :( however, planned to work on my Garden Fairies tonite and oh! Its Grey's Anatomy (Season 4) nite too. I started something new. Photos later, till then, thank you for coming by and I appreciate your comments, hoped everyone will have a good Sunday. I think we will all go to the pool tomorrow.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both beautiful! Love the back of the bird one especially :)

Biblo said...

Lovely Mail Arts, Lillie!!

Daffycat said...

Wonderful mail arts! I love the bird themed one and your stamp was perfect!!!

Mylene said...

Your Mailarts looks fantastic!!

Emily said...

Oh Gosh, what fabulous work! But MA is still scary to me!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What beautiful mail art!!!

Sachiko said...

Oh!both are beautiful mailart!!
I have not made it yet. Taking the place of the envelope can be actually done even if I make it or it is uneasy. It seems to break between mailings and it is scary.
I do not have confidence to make perfectly.

Sharon said...

Lillie, you always do such beautiful mailart. Both are great!

Dawn B. said...

Love the bunny and the bird MA. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Your mailart is beautiful, I love the color theme, and the lace and closures, beautiful!