Monday, May 26, 2008

School break and book fair

Yep! school break for 2 weeks this term and Popular book store had their annual book fair at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC)
This is what I've prepared for Sunday morning breakfast with green tea before we headed to KLCC. Mr Midnight's author, Mr James Lee whose books are all about ghostly, creepy, scary stuff with Diane...getting her books signed after a long wait in a long queue. I covered half of the hall in the English section while she was in queue. Its either the queue was very long or me walking by the books..lol....well, I did made stops at the History section, crafting and hobbies, fiction, law and order, oriental , self-improvement and our national language crafting and cooking section.

The books Diane picked up.....that last pink book sort of got passed me ...I think the stuff written there are not suitable yet for my 12 going on 13..only found out this morning when I took a peek . What did I do? Got it hidden..fingers crossed Diane will not go looking for it. She started reading the Mr Midnight series and so wasn't aware yet one book is missing. What did I got? No books except stamps from the fair thou 20% off on most items. I guessed I wasn't in the mood and thus, none of the books there interest me.
These I got instead from Kinokuniya bookstore.
The stamps I got from our Pos booth at the fair. These are the special issues that normally comes with first day covers. I've got what I missed out, not all of it, its rather what's left in their albums.
I hope all of you had had a wonderful weekend and I wish you all a great Monday. Thank you for visiting me and your lovely comments.

6 comments:

Janet C said...

That's quite a haul of stamps!
Saw that 'cake' book too, but didn't buy it as I already have a similar one.

Mylene said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Your DD is the same age as our Grace. I can say she does read similar of the pink book your DD got. They goes to school alone now(in town)so they are contineously confronted with new things. Though compared to the parents of her friends i quite strict which sometimes she's not happy about it!

Have a nice week too!

Aw said...

hi, Lillie...forget to reply that Yes, I am doing the HAED's Faery Tales,...a tiny spot. Your white donut looks like real donut....yummy

you have get good collection of stamps...

Dawn B. said...

Don't think I would like his books. But glad you all found some stuff you did like. Maybe DD will not miss the book.

mainely stitching said...

So far, our eldest is more content to be read to than to read on his own. I, however, did read some very inappropriate stuff at your daughter's age, and I agree that it's wisest to keep an eye on what she's reading.

Anonymous said...

Thats one of the hard parts of parenting, we want them to learn and expand their horizans, but, I agree, its best to monitor. I love getting authors to autograph their books.