Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My first tape measurement. I just had to share this !! LOL.

This is the something that I had wanted to try my hands at finishing for a long long time. I've got the butterfly stitched on Sunday nite and last nite, I finally gather enough courage to attempt the finishing and surprisingly it was not that difficult as I initially thought it would be.something rosy for the backing fabric and pearl beaded lace to complete the look. That lace is the most easiest and my shortcut caused I wouldn't know how to hide the edges if I were to use ribbons or cords.

Maybe not that perfect but for now I am pretty happy with the results.



16 comments:

Yuko said...

Hi Lillie,

This tape measure is very beautiful!
Especially I like the pearl brade you've added on the side!
It's very beautiful!
Congratulations!

Aw said...

Lillie, congratulations, who knows this is first attempt? It is so gorgeous...

Dawn T. said...

Beautiful!! Great job, Lillie:)

SandraRee said...

Congratulations Lillie! It's so pretty, you did a outstanding job. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. that tape turned out very nice! Smart girl to use the beaded lace :)

Mylene said...

Well done, Lillie. It turned out great!

Janet C said...

Well done, Lillie. So lovely.

Charlene said...

Wow ... Lillie, so beautiful. In my eye, it was more that perfect. Can I have one .. :)

mainely stitching said...

It's so pretty! You did a great job!

Barbara J said...

Lovely finish! I like the butterfly too :)

Dawn B. said...

Wow that is simply stunnig. You have to give me a tutorial of this one. I love the lace, the fabric on the back and the butterfly.

Sachiko said...

Congratulations Lillie!
Very beutiful your tape measure!!
I made it few month ago but I coudn't make a very well...
My measure was became distorted tape of trim.I will try it once again!

Sharon said...

Lillie - this is just beautiful!! You do such amazing stitching and finishing - I just love seeing your work!!

staci said...

Congrats on a perfect finish!!!

Beertje Zonn said...

It is very beautiful!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands.

Unknown said...

Great stitching! And you did wonderful on the tape measure. I want to try that finishing too but have yet to sit and try.