Monday, May 12, 2008

A Malay Wedding

I attended my neighbour's daughter wedding during the weekend. I practically watch her grow from a lil'girl running around until she blossom into a young lady. Both bride and groom looks radiant on the 'pelamin' (Wedding dais) as the 'Raja Sehari' (King and Queen for the day).
'Selamat Pengantin Baru semuga bahagia ke anak cucu' ~ Mawarni & Shamsul Haris


On mother's day, besides the presents, I was served pancakes and tea for breakfast which I was not allowed to photograph as the pancakes did not turned out to look like pancakes, it came in all sorts of shapes and sizes...lol, but it tasted good anyway. Later in the afternoon Eling came to visit and we had a show and tell on our stitching and I managed to show her how to finish a pinkeep on a quaker design she had stitched. With all the 'yakking' going on, I forgot to take pictures and of the mess we made on my coffee table !! LOL.
Done is my French Apple, sorry the photo is a bit blurry due to bad lighting.
UFO awaken! - The Garden Fairies, the year? 2005. A conversation at one of our local board prompted a SAL between me and Aw last month and we or rather I am supposed to post my progress (not much done as I did some filling ins only) end of April but I could not get the photo posted then because it kept turning up sideways and I did not know how to rotate it back and the only alternatives known to me is to chopped here and there until it finally showed up!So sorry for the delay Aw. Next progress photo will be end of May.
Up and coming exchanges are two MAs, a birdy theme and a Red/Blue theme both stitching are done only awaiting finishing.
HoE Freebie design - stitching done awaiting finishing
Hoe LHN design found - next to do
All of which I cannot show until it arrives at their respective new homes which are still weeks away.
Old Sampler in progress Part 6 & 7 and EMS Rose Sampler no progress.
Q Thanks everyone for coming by and I am glad you enjoyed the little jungle trail with me. Btw June its the Sungai Tua/Batangkali road.
YI hoped all mommies had had a great weekend and a wonderful mother's day.

10 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I'm laughing at the pancake story - I actually made pancakes here today as I knew everyone wanted some ... and to thank them for not totally wrecking the kitchen by making them themselves yesterday. LOL!! ;)

The wedding picture is stunning. It truly looks like something out of a film - it's so regal and exotic!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a truly colourful wedding!

Aw said...

Lillie, ur colorful GF is turning out vividly. No worry for posting the photo late, most important we enjoy . You are committed indeed ...so many exchanges? I am yet to start my Red /Blue MA, planned to start by next week after knitting all smally items (eg socks, beanie, etc) which scheduled to be completed by end May 2008.

Dawn B. said...

The wedding party photo is Simply breath taking. Like The SAL you are doing. Hope you had a great Mothers Day. You deserve it. LYMI

Sachiko said...

Gorgeous wedding!
Beautiful flower for mther's day.

Yuko said...

Lillie,
I'm so surprised on Malay traditional wedding celemony!
It's like dream, I thought that you went to Disny land or somewhere like that at first when I saw the picture, lol
That's stunning!

SandraRee said...

I agree looks like a scene in a movie. Beautiful! Love your stitching. :)

Mylene said...

Beautiful wedding picture! What a coincidence that we've been to a wedding last weekend.
Lovely flowers you've got for mother's day.
Love the apple finish!

Anonymous said...

Lillie, the wedding pictures are so vibrant and beautiful! The French Apple design is lovely. Lisa :-)

Azie said...

ahaa.. lillie, i guess i must dig back my stitching cabinet to find where on earth my garden fairies..