I am taking you on a journey. Its a trip we make twice a month to visit my Inlaws about 30km away up North. We always take the shortcut or what we called the scenic route which is off the main road away from heavier traffics and towns.
The road that is sandwich by the tropical rainforest or what is left of it after the construction of this road. Noticed the sky. Its rather gloomy .
A lake, on the way...man made. Part of this lake had been made up for resting
then came the drizzle...still overlooking the lake, which reminds me a lot of Lake Toba in Indonesia
The first waterfall that came to sight, this I took on the way home as I missed the shot then or rather my camera wasn't ready
not far from the first, the second waterfall and our first ever stop, normally we zoomed by..
Somewhere along the way, we diverted into this lane, the road looks good for a few Kms until we came to an earth road that look good for only one way and.......then it got very bumpy towards the end
and only this we saw, part of what that made our rainforest...not pretty huh? and the kids are wondering why are we here ?? because the joy ride felt long..very....lol
finally, we arrived at the bridge overlooking a stream
the walk...this served as a camping site too
and the waterfall with 3 pools below it and I did not get a photo of the pools for not wanting to get wet...wasn't dressed to get wet...yeah, I know.............selfish me !
the lower section of the waterfall which is where I stood for about 15 mins or so
DD seems to be curious with that tree, the area has been gazetted a forest reserved
The road that is sandwich by the tropical rainforest or what is left of it after the construction of this road. Noticed the sky. Its rather gloomy .
A lake, on the way...man made. Part of this lake had been made up for resting
then came the drizzle...still overlooking the lake, which reminds me a lot of Lake Toba in Indonesia
The first waterfall that came to sight, this I took on the way home as I missed the shot then or rather my camera wasn't ready
not far from the first, the second waterfall and our first ever stop, normally we zoomed by..
Somewhere along the way, we diverted into this lane, the road looks good for a few Kms until we came to an earth road that look good for only one way and.......then it got very bumpy towards the end
and only this we saw, part of what that made our rainforest...not pretty huh? and the kids are wondering why are we here ?? because the joy ride felt long..very....lol
finally, we arrived at the bridge overlooking a stream
the walk...this served as a camping site too
and the waterfall with 3 pools below it and I did not get a photo of the pools for not wanting to get wet...wasn't dressed to get wet...yeah, I know.............selfish me !
the lower section of the waterfall which is where I stood for about 15 mins or so
DD seems to be curious with that tree, the area has been gazetted a forest reserved
I hoped you enjoyed this journey with me through our rainforest. There wasn't much to show on my stitching progress, basically I was working on my Old Sampler in between the Rose Sampler. I wanted to start something new, thought about it but did nothing. Progress pictures on my next posting.
Thank you everyone for coming by and leaving me your kind comments on the birthday pinkeep.
I am so glad Jess that my gift reached you safely and a lovely thought to know that I gave you your first pinkeep.
BJ, somehow, the moment I saw that design, Jess came to mind..lol
14 comments:
Lovely photos!
Beautiful photos! You live in a very lovely area!
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
What awesome scenery!
Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing! Oh and I love everything you've been stitching lately, especially the kitty envelope :)
Thank you for the 'virtual' trip!!!
Lovely ohotso,Lillie! Thanks for the `trip'!
Nik
Opps! Sorry for the typo error. That should have been 'photos'.
Nik
Great photos! Thanks for sharing:)
Breth taking photos. i knew they would be good. Thanks for posting them.
Lovely, everything looks so trpoical and lush and green. Sick of the drought here keeping us on water restrictions.
Jess
Lillie,
Where is this? Ulu Yam, Pertak, KKB? Very familiar.
Hi June,
Its along Sg Tua heading Ulu Yam.
Post a Comment