Wednesday, February 27, 2008

PIF and Sweets

My beautiful gift, from the PIF came from Mylene . Thank you so much, yes I loved it, Mylene, your finishing is fabulous, never expected it to come so soon either.

The whole package that came from Mylene







Cupcake or Sweet Exchange organized by Jess for NNC . Yeah! I have enough of donuts already..LOL

I need to comeup with something for this exchange and the first thot was something to do with a hook and yarn but I had no instructions. Its an awful position to be in huh?? So, I took with me a couple of yarns and a hook, carried it for a couple of days everywhere I go until one day in January I just told myself its time to cook something or my partner is not going to get any.....and came up with this, my first cupcake, a strawberry with cream and colored sugars (pins) . Its a trial piece and since I came up with the design from my head, size and all there is no instructions and am too lazy to take notes either.With that, I proceed to my second one, a chocolate with cream icing. If I recalled correctly, I think my partner is a chocolate lover and since this is the better looking one, it shall be the exchange piece. Just hoped my partner will not scream..yikees !!

My package to my partner, Rose includes the donut (pincushion), an ice cream cone (fridge magnet) and a sweet recipe which is also a must. Now, don't blame me for the toothache Rose, blame Jess! LOL.. (just kiddiiing) ..oh ! there's the Hershey's chocolate too which I left out for the photo.

My recipe which is a must to go with the exchange, I choose a book simply titled 'desserts', a mini cook book with 35 easy to follow yummy recipes by Marshall Cavendish Cuisine











A peek inside ,(clockwise) : Thai mango rice and pancakes with grated cocount

And the most embarrassing part was, I got the mailing date mixed up and mailed it out like a month early!! HORROR !! The actual due date was yesterday and I've spoilt the fun for my partner! I was sort of under the weather last month with a bad cough and I blamed that for being so blurry. So, I secretly began planning for a 'surprise' something' for mailing out on the actual mailing date, can't lived with the fact that my partner is not going to get anything in the mail comes the actual due date and missed all the excitement with the rest of the gals.

To tell you the truth, nothing came into my mind until last weekend, somehow I managed to re-produced an old design, the cup and saucer pincushion which I had one made ages ago. Guessed that gave me the idea of the mini chocolate cake with coffee and vanilla cream, topped with a mint and a red cherry served in a purple bowl (partner's fav color) and saucer. Those pinkish color sugared lookalikes are actually the pin heads. Think it measured approximately 4.5".

Am now able to revealed, after Rose J, my partner, received the surprised gift yesterday. Whew! am truly relieved.


This is how the 3-D veins look like when done. Not totally a satisfaction I would say and its not an easy task for me to hold the wire and the floss at the same time.











Thank you everyone for your visits and leaving me your lovely comments.

5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Stumpwork is so gorgeous, but it scares me off. Yours is great!!! And those sweets - how clever and cute!! :D

Dawn B. said...

All very very cool. You are so good at different stuff.

Mylene said...

I am so happy to hear you like the pif i've made. And wow! you are really a creative one, all lovely!

Sharon said...

Your sweet exchange is really neat and very pretty! I love what you created. Your PIF is gorgeous!

Sachiko said...

Woooooooooooooooow!!Lovely sweet cakes!!You have a wonderful hands!!Very cutie claft and knitting.They looks yummy!