Thursday, December 27, 2007

Stitching Bloggers Birthday/Christmas Club

I wonder if this package of mine arrives on time.
Be Happy, Shepherd's Bush design became my choice for my birthday recipient since its her favorite designer and the other one is anything related to stitching and the Etui box came to my mind. Seriously, I've never attempted anything like this before but anything without the need to use a sewing machine is fine with me.
The Etui opened up. The centered piece is a mattress pincushion, removeable with a button whereby I've used part a SB design with the initial 'S'. Actually, midway I did ran out of idea finishing the inside of the etui.

Fabric for the Etui - Malaysian Batik (a locally made fabric)

The whole package for my birthday gal. Including the Birthday card and some bees and ladybirds chocolates inside the little basket decorated with a butterfly and a beaded handphone fob with the initial 'S'.



This is for my Stitching Bloggers Christmas Exchange.

Finally the finished piece. I decided to fridge the edge and leave it simple and not overdo it. I've added some tiny glass beads to the fringe in Christmas colors of red, green and white.
closeup of the beaded fringe.
Do you believed that both gifts not only traveled on the same day but in the same box? Who is she? Sharon G, the Seaside Stitcher in Florida, USA. I hoped you like everything that I've put up for you, Sharon. Mailed on the 6 of December, I hoped it arrived just in time for both Birthday and Christmas. Fingers crossed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

This is a very special package for a very special birthday boy, Ian, Sharon's son. Both mother and son shared the same birthday today. I thot I should give him something too, since Mom is getting her pressie, Ian should get one too. Hoped you like it, Ian and its an appropriate gift for you. Happy Birthday To you, May you have great blessings and good health always. (Ian is asthmatic)
The card, a hippo design is from Les Chroniques de Frimousse.





8 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh..your Etui finishing is so beautiful! I have not done one before, yet to try it out one day :) The birthday gal who received it is so lucky!

Emily said...

A great birthday package for a lucky birthday gurl! Nice job on the batik etui!

Anonymous said...

Lillie....what a beautiful finishes

Margaret said...

Love the pictures of your recent holiday trips Lillie. You must have had a wonderful time.
Oh my, what an amazing etui. You did such a good job.
Happy 2008.

Jane said...

I love your Be Happy by Shepherd's Bush! I have been working on the Be series myself and I love them! I still need Happy but I will get to it! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Sharon said...

Your exchanges are just gorgeous! I love that birthday exchange.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow awesome exchanges!!!!

Lennu said...

Oh, this is such a lovely exchange! What a beauty, great job!