Friday, August 24, 2007

A pincushion

A pincushion that looks too big. Measuring 5" x 5" after finishing. Frayed the edges my first and I confessed that its not done well. I did hem stitch by hand all round by the way. Had no idea how it should be done and working on evenweave fabric is no help (if you know what I mean) .

The pillow carries someone's initial on the back, it has gone to someone, a birthday pressie but must admit that am late because I wanted to mail my NRR out with it but came down with migraine the last few days and did nothing on the NRR.

I've made a needlebook of a something quite similar design in hardanger for her last year and so I thought that a pincushion with the same fabric would be a match, that is if I have got the same floss colors correctly. Received words this morning that it arrived.
Happy Birthday MW and hoped you had a great day.

No comments: