Friday, August 31, 2007

50 years of Independence

Merdeka means Independence.
As usual we had the countdown and the parade at the Merdeka Square where it first took place with the presence of foreigh royalties and leaders. This year, the Prince of Duke, Prince Andrew, who represented Queen Elizabeth II came to attend the parade.

DS was part of the 14,400 people who took part in the parade after 3 months of training at the army camp. MIL too was among the veterans. So this year, both grandma and grandson are doing the parade.

To all Malaysian, Selamat Merdeka !!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

It is so wonderful that both your DS and MIL took part in the Independence Day parade. You must have been so proud.

Dawn B. said...

Blogger is P**&&&ing me off, Twice now I have tried to comment. Any way's you should be proud as I know I would be. The boys in the photo are just priceless.