


Just like the theme, this exchange was indeed a surprise. What a coincidence that Marie Brown in Ohio was made my partner. About 2 years ago, we met for a Mail Art Exchange from a different group. Its such a small world.
This time around, its 'Surprise Me'. So, for my 2nd MA for someone special, I ploughed through my charts, magazine and books for ideas and found Eyptian Design by Joan Elliot from the magazine. I loved those rich and mystery element that surrounds all things Eygpt and the ancient Eygpt. They are so majestic and facinating. I hope you like this too, Marie.
This is lined with "batik" cotton fabric , our very own locally crafted home made fabric . I've made it into a pouch cum needlebook, (well sort of) instead of the normal envelope type which is actually normally done. On the inside I used cream colored lace for the pockets and felt for needles. Put in an extra ribbon held with a button in case Marie wants to hold a pair of scissor and theme it with Eygptian design cards I've made.
The back with the Eygptian Lily Flower
Next ! Have been contemplating if I should wait till the next MA arrives to post. It went out on the 5th and will takes approximately another 5 days the least to arrive, am keeping my fingers crossed that my partner don't read my blog...LOL
Its the Valentine/Redwork MailArt Exchange.
This is what I've choosen for my partner, Gwen Lewis in Columbus.
Design : Coeur Aux angelo - by Dominic A, thanks to June who posted the link.
Stitch on 25 count one over one , I had to otherwise it will exceed the enevelope size.
Floss : DMC 115
I've lined the enevelope with roses pattern cotton fabric as I hoped to obtain a very soft romatic look for this, apparently it did not create that effect........'sigh' ...................The back :
The card that went into the MA. These are what I have been working on plus another MA which I have done the stitching except the addie...as the partnering is not ready and a couple more items for exchanges.
Am making time for myself to complete my stitching for the exchanges before I break for the Chinese New Year Holidays which begins on February 16.
Thanks you ladies for all your lovely coments on my last entry.
6 comments:
Great MA's They will love them. I have yet to do one of these myself but am planning on trying one sometime this year. :o)
So now I know why you've been terribly busy! :) We've missed you at the board!
Excellent pieces of work. I think the Egyptian theme was quite original and the French piece was romantic indeed contrary to what you say.
LOVE the MA's :) VERY nice!!
Gorgeous pieces - boy have you been busy!!
Margaret
awesome mail art-so very creative!
Wow, Lillie. The coeur is a real beauty and DMC115 is one of my fave colour. Your partner is so blessed.
Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and family!
Post a Comment