Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Lighthouse RR

Came home finally a couple of days ago. I was in awe by what the ladies had done. Many thanks to Torun, Susan, Janet and Karen. Initially, a 6 persons RR but ended up with 5...er....almost 4 if not for Karen, Australia who stepped in midway, many thanks to her, without her, this RR would not have made it home. The problems arises from not only a MIA mama, but along with it are two halfway stitched pieces of Christmas theme RR. Then, when we thought the problems was over, another stitcher had to pull out due to a car accident and couldn't stitch. I think everyone felt a sudden sadness. Am very sorry Kara could not stay on. I hope she had a speedy recovery.

It left Malaysian shores on April 2006 and made its way to Norway in June, Canada in August, USA in November and Australia in January 2007.

So..what do you think?? I still have a missing space. Initially I thot of completing the square and finish it with a border, but there are friends who says that it looks good as it is already. Well??
Should I complete the final square? Is 5 Lighthouses good enough?? The last square is on the bottom left. Appreciate your comments please..................

A Flower Basket
I was toying with a crocheted basket that I saw while browing a Japanese craft book in one of our local bookstores. Somehow along the way, I cover it up and made it into a pincushion. Then, I thought it looks bald...very.... and that is how it ended up with flowers and named it a flower basket.
It left me to its new home.

6 comments:

Barbara J said...

IMO, stay at 5, they look great already!

Kitty Couture said...

I agree with Barbara - they look great as they are :)
What a darling little basket... Adorable! :)

Dawn B. said...

I think it looks great but 5 is uneven. You have Chinese New year aprotching and that is bad luck to have uneven #'s. I would do just one more. sorry ladies for having to disagree with you.

Unknown said...

It looks great! I like your little flower basket pincushion. :o)

Sharon said...

Lovely RR and I just adore the basket. The colors are so vibrant.

Anonymous said...

It's very nice already, but like "Stitchingnow" it looks uneven. :-D That's my "Monk" side, lol! Plus, there is so many types of lighthouses, so 5 is not much after all. And you could put quotes in it, about the poetic side of them or else. ^^ Quotes, you know that, huh? ;-p

Still waiting for mines actually *cough cough* :p.

And beautiful works you do, I'm always amazed, if only I had your sewing talent. hehe.