Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Pincushion Exchange

The pincushion exchange carries the theme Spring.
Goes to Marianella Mas (Nela) in Venezuela.
Finally arrived its destination after more than
a month long journey.
Had me worried for a while there!

Actually thot of a biscornu and so the shape of
this derived from the idea of a biscornu. It had
a square pillow made up from 9ct black aida
and the design piece is stitched on a 14 ct aida .
And since its theme Spring, the design to me,
kinda symbolize the sun and the bright happy
colors of spring.


The design - from the Cross Stitch Crazy magazine.

I've thot of cross-stitching on a pumpkin pincushion too. All these while I 've only made the pumpkin with cotton or felt fabric and don't think aida is suitable so am embarking on 25ct evenweave. Picture of this will be later .

Thanks Mona for your comment on the Hardanger, agreed with you totally , it sure is additive :D

Dawn, I'll send you a pm later, thank you too.


3 comments:

Trixie said...

Hi. I ran across your blog via Karen and I have to say I love your needle cushion! I've been eyeballing these for awhile now and that one looks like one I want to try. Lovely stitching!

Michelle

Margaret said...

What a pretty pincushion. Hasn't this exchange been fun!!

Looking forward to updates on your Dream Catcher, it's so lovely.

Margaret

Barbara J said...

You've got a great blog going here. The crafts are varied and interesting too. I like the Dream Catcher, gonna be a really nice piece!