Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival or simply the Lunar New Year is an important festival that begins on the eve up to the last day known as the Lantern Festival on the 15th day .
Before I leave for home. I have prepared for mom, a bowl of gold (Kam) the mandarin oranges is a must have as it symbolized "Gold", sweets and the prosperity sticky cake are part of the things all ready to usher into the new year.
Before I leave for home. I have prepared for mom, a bowl of gold (Kam) the mandarin oranges is a must have as it symbolized "Gold", sweets and the prosperity sticky cake are part of the things all ready to usher into the new year.
Cherry blossom wreath is all done up like a chandelier, accessorized with Chinese New Year Ornaments and it hangs above the dinning table.
Putting up the " CAI " - The red cloth over the door is an invitation banner to the God of Prosperity, so it was said. While I am merely following hands me down tradition , such practices are more evident by people who are Straits born . Thereafter the festivity, everything will be brought down for another year.
With a blink of an eye, the day came and gone and tomorrow is the last day of the festivity. Here we are, a first photo with mom and MIL. I don't think I had ever took a photo with both
Thank you for visiting me and I hope March brings you wonderful joys
With a blink of an eye, the day came and gone and tomorrow is the last day of the festivity. Here we are, a first photo with mom and MIL. I don't think I had ever took a photo with both
Thank you for visiting me and I hope March brings you wonderful joys





4 comments:
The food looks amazing.🌻
Your decorations are beautiful. The picture of you three is lovely.
It's always so nice to see your pictures of the Chinese New Year festivities.
What a fun and festive post, Lillie! I always learn so much from your posts about your traditions, foods, and festivals--very enjoyable. And I love the photo of you with your mother and mother-in-law :)
Post a Comment