Happy New Year !
How time flies, a week of the New Year has gone by and here we are at Week Two already, before the first week ended a little excitement came my way.
Roxanne's parcel arrived on Saturday from Stephanie's 11th Teacup Exchange. I was so excited to see a parcel on my coffee table when I got home that afternoon.
This pretty teacup arrived in one piece despite the box got squashed all over thanks to Roxanne giving both the teacup and saucer a very, very good and thoughtful wrapping to survive the three months journey
Sweet of Roxanne to tuck in extras with the exchange
It was a perfect package put together, thank you Roxanne for this wonderful package.
I can't wait to try out the Rooibos tea.
A begger's meal on New Year's Eve
It's not a pretty sight just by looking at this pile of dirt like bags on a wheel barrow. It's a pauper's meal but definitely not a beggar's budget. This is another College girls' trip with the guys tagging along.
Beggar's Chicken is a dish of chicken stuffed and wrapped in clay and slowly baked or fire kiln that takes eight hours to prepare in a single serving. Originally originated from China in Hangzhou, with a history to derive its given name of course, but I won't go into the story of it. This is not a dish you can simply walked into the restaurant and point your finger on the menu, one need to pre-order like days in advanced. Coming from where I am from it took me about an hour's journey to the eatery. And mind you, they do call you to give you a piece of their mind if you are late, LOL
I shall called this the beggar's den where the charcoal ash-filled kiln are to slow cook
the mud-encrusted chicken for 8 hours
Unwrapping by cracking the outer mud layer and a few layers of brown papers is like unwrapping a gift to reveal the last foil encasing the chicken
The Chicken is pretty decent in flavours
The restaurant served other dishes as well but this is their signature dish.
While in the vicinity of Beggat's Chicken in Bukit (Hill) Jugra, an old historical town that exudes and old world charm, we went up to top of the hill. Jugra Hill with its undulating terrain and scenic views make an excellent spot for paragliding
Jugra Hill rises abruptly 146 meters from the surrounding plain and offers a splendid view of the Langat River, the Selangor coast and the Straits of Malacca beyond.
The Lighthouse that guide no ships
Jugra Lighthouse, before it was built the shifting currents of the area would frequently lure passing vessels to become wrecked on its shores. The lighthouse (on the right) was built during the colonial era (the tower on the left was built in 1976).
It's no longer used today but only function as another historical past
Here we are waving goodbyes to 2017
Craft wise, I am still working hard on my Secret Birthday exchange. Now we have a date to meet and I must hurry.
Thank you all for coming by in my last post and wishing all a marvelous January.








9 comments:
So glad to see the tea cup arrived in one piece! Sorry to hear the box got squashed! At least it came out alright in the end! Lots of love and blessings! xx
Hola Lillie, que bonita tradición la que nos comentas, no hay nada que hacer, cada día uno aprende algo nuevo de las costumbres de otros países.
Me encanta tu blog.
Que tengas un lindo mes de enero y espero con ansias los festejos del Año Nuevo Chino, seguro que es en la siguiente entrega.
Besos ♥
Thank goodness your pretty tea cup from Roxanne is perfectly safe. What interesting chicken!
So glad the pretty teacup finally arrived--wow, three months to get to you! That must be a new record for slowest delivery. I once had a package from Spain take two months.
You have such a nice group of friends to travel with, Lillie--what fun you all seem to have together. Hope you get even more travels together in the new year! Happy 2018!
Aww, what lovely things!! :)
That's very interesting about the chicken!
Love the photos of Jugra Hill! Perhaps I'll be able to see it in real life sometime!!
Wow.. that’s nice .. tea cup survived 3 months journey..
Lillie.. I have send you a mail.. please check
I always love to see pictures of the teacup exchange on the various blogs. It seems to be s very successful exchange as I rarely ever read anything about broken teacups. What a lovely teacup your received from your partner, Lillie.
Nice to read about the Beggar's Chicken dish, sounds yummy.
I had to come see if you had received the package from Roxanne yet. Oh what a sweet cup and saucer. Such pretty with the pink flowers. Thank goodness she was able to wrap it safely. Enjoy the extra goodies she sent.
Post a Comment