Thursday, January 25, 2018

January

Festivity countdown : Chinese New Year in 20 days today
It is uncommon and almost a trend today to simply go out and purchase your cookies for the Chinese New Year celebration.  Cookies by the jars and tins are already on displayed on the shelves from sundry shops to the malls weeks ago.   It's been some ten years since I started baking my own cookies for the festivity simply because I wanted to introduce some traditional cakes and cookies to the kids then. It's like I found my reasons to bake. 

Having the kids around is like it's never too early  for a sweet treat, only it disappear too quickly and might not last till the festivity, since I don't intend to bake a lot this year, the two not so little mouse in the house are warned about the "Do Not Touch" labels  the moment the last tray comes out of the oven, LOL
 Green Pea cookies is replacing my Peanut cookies this year
It's a doggie year, so the Horlicks Doggie are here to stay. It's a house favorites and these doggies are personalized with character, can never get two a like and definitely not when it's a tray full of doggies
I didn't get to make any Roosters shape cookies for the Roosters year but made a few with this batch to bid the Rooster year a farewell while Diane thought that the doggie should get some extra fun characters away from my mostly frowning doggies, LOL..
I 've learned to fold a doggie origami from the "hongbao " (red packet/envelope) that you see in the above picture.
Cherry blossoms are always associated with the Chinese New Year, after all it is also known as the Spring festival. I'm making a cherry blossom wreath this year. This is still a work in progress.
On a happy note,  I have completed my gift exchange for the girls meet in March, now that I got a piece of my mind taken off, it back to the kitchen for more bakes.

The Tun Razak Exchange building caught my eyes for a month or so every morning on my route to Diane's internship at the hospital. I never knew then that this will be our soon to be tallest building in the country surpassing our Twin Towers at 450m above ground due for completion mid of this year. It will be the tallest in South East Asia and top 15 in the world until the next skyscraper made it's debut somewhere. 

Till my next post, thank you for visiting and I truly appreciate  your time taken to leave me your comments in my last post.

Wishing you a blessed day !

4 comments:

Carol said...

It's nice to see your homemade cookies celebrating the old and new year, Lillie! They are so cute :) If I made anything like that I would have to hide them so my sons wouldn't eat them before the new year!! Happy Chinese New Year :)

Vickie said...

I like to bake also. Your dog cookies are especially cute.

Meari said...

Your cookies are so cute!

Brigitte said...

Homemade cookies are the best. And I love to see everything you bake. These cookies are best before the festivities begin, lol, it's the same here with Christmas cookies. Hiding a batch is always the best way to save some of them for the festivities.
Your cherry blossom wreath will be gorgeous. I hope you will show a picture of the finished one.