I have been hooking aka crocheting a lot lately.
Finishing up mostly from my basket of shamefulness, the UFO basket, picked randomly to finish.
Finishing up mostly from my basket of shamefulness, the UFO basket, picked randomly to finish.
A cape or caplet in pineapple motifs. I thought this would be fast, but it took me many hours of hooking and unravelling. Seriously, I don't have the pattern for this. It's a good alternative to a jacket or a shawl, 6 balls of I think less than 50gm Coral colored yarns. I actually can't recalled what yarn this is, it's been so long. All I remembered was I bought these during one of my travels. My first with this brand too , don't quite fancy working with this yarn.
The brick colored crocheted blouse/ tunic was done and put together some weeks back yet I left out the hemming finishing. I was running out of yarns and had to rummage my basket for any yarns left but apparently not. With that, I had to be thrifty with what's left and somehow managed . Whew! that was a close call.
And because these crocheted projects was done ages ago, I no longer could find a similar color match for my old projects even thou it's from the same manufacturer. Variations in product colors is not unusual and may and can occur from batches to batches with every production . To make matters worst, my projects had been hibernating for some 5 to 10 years and even more.
This weekend, I'll be heading to an ancient city.
Sunglass, hat, scarf , a mini fan are among the things I have packed.
I hope the weather is kind and favorable during my visit. We are experiencing some extraordinary continuous heavy rainfalls lately with some devastating flash flood disasters earlier in the weeks effecting our Northern States terribly. Hopefully the weather is clear and good where I am heading since we are only about 2hours flight time away.
Before I end my post, here are some wedding photos I attended last weekend, hosted by a dear friend from college for her son at the Shangri-La Grand Ballroom .
Extravagant and elaborate wedding dresses to lavish deco is all I can say about the wedding
I hoped you enjoyed my last post and took time to check out Stephanie's reveal day blog post to read about the fantastic swaps sent and received. I thank everyone who came by and left comments in my last post. Wishing all a wonderful fall and a blessed Thanksgiving.
I hope the weather is kind and favorable during my visit. We are experiencing some extraordinary continuous heavy rainfalls lately with some devastating flash flood disasters earlier in the weeks effecting our Northern States terribly. Hopefully the weather is clear and good where I am heading since we are only about 2hours flight time away.
Before I end my post, here are some wedding photos I attended last weekend, hosted by a dear friend from college for her son at the Shangri-La Grand Ballroom .
Extravagant and elaborate wedding dresses to lavish deco is all I can say about the wedding
Fairytale is the theme
One at the cocktail reception
A groupfie with the ever lovely Mother of the groom, Sally
I hoped you enjoyed my last post and took time to check out Stephanie's reveal day blog post to read about the fantastic swaps sent and received. I thank everyone who came by and left comments in my last post. Wishing all a wonderful fall and a blessed Thanksgiving.







10 comments:
Good for you Lillie! You got many projects completed after so very long.
What a gorgeous wedding!!
I'm hooked on the lavender crochet piece. Looks like a the wedding was a fun time for all the guests. Happy and safe travels! Thank you for stopping by my blog.
Oh your crochet skills are amazing!AriadnefromGreece!
It's good to see you're trying to finish up some older crochet projects, Lillie, but I'm sorry you can't find the threads to match some of them. I guess that's a good reason to finish things as we go :) I know I have a hard time coming back to projects that I've abandoned!
Love the photos of the beautiful wedding--such elaborate decorations! And I hope you have a good trip this weekend and that the weather cooperates :) Enjoy!
Hola Lillie, que bonito es conocer un poco de las costumbres de otro paĆses, por lo visto la boda estuvo muy linda.
Saludos de tu amiga de Lima, PERU
Silvia (Christy)
It's always strange to rummage through these UFO baskets and find things that you have already forgotten about because they are in there for sao long. Happens to me very often with my cross stitch projects. Good for you that you could finish two of the crochet projects . The shawl and the blouse look really fine. I hope you can somehow finish the tunic in a way how you will like it.
Have fun at your trip.
Those are lovely items you have crocheted and the wedding looks beautiful!! :) My mom and I are going to be selling our homemade things at a Christmas Craft Fair this Saturday, so we're getting ready for that. I have crocheted lip balm holders, a couple broaches, and pom-pom snowmen. :) I'll definitely send you a few pictures by email when the day is finished! :)
Beautiful crochet! And the wedding looks glorious!
wow...thats absolutely lovely cape lillie
Your crocheting is beautiful!
Post a Comment