Call it spontaneous, it was a quick decision when we, the girls at WSG meet for a private session of making a clutch purse with Barbara's (FB)
well not all was into making the clutch, only three.
We actually did planned for a meetup with a couple of crafting ideas about a month earlier, just that everything happened so quickly. Despite that we had some initial setbacks but somehow all ended well. We manage to complete all the necessary and most important details for the clutch before we called it a day.
I had a hard choice to decide on the fabric, I finally settled for fiery red poppies with a red lining, JT went for blue monochrome with berries and sunflowers while JW's choice was bears and polka dots.
Almost five hours later, with preserving attention and some energetic effort and without lunch, yes, we skipped lunch to make up for some lost hours in the morning plus some 30 minutes later at home, I am happy to have completed my clutch purse
We actually did planned for a meetup with a couple of crafting ideas about a month earlier, just that everything happened so quickly. Despite that we had some initial setbacks but somehow all ended well. We manage to complete all the necessary and most important details for the clutch before we called it a day.
I had a hard choice to decide on the fabric, I finally settled for fiery red poppies with a red lining, JT went for blue monochrome with berries and sunflowers while JW's choice was bears and polka dots.
Almost five hours later, with preserving attention and some energetic effort and without lunch, yes, we skipped lunch to make up for some lost hours in the morning plus some 30 minutes later at home, I am happy to have completed my clutch purse

All of us adjourned for a late, very late lunch at Boat Noodles where servings are so small that one will need to order a couple of bowls to fulfilled our growling tummies. It's a Thai dish, a small but rich pho-like dish served with fresh bean sprouts, Thai basil, crispy pork skin, and condiments made famous by the boat people vendors on the Chao Praya river.
While digesting we had a lil'gossips in progress
which include sharing and getting some tips and hints on some other crafty stuff
that were on our mind and for our next meet
Have you seen the KING OF FRUITS ?
It's the DURIAN, yes ! that pungent, stinking, foul smelling fruit which is the best and yummlicious fruits of all to all who loves the fruit and with it being a seasonal fruit, it is very much sought after . This season, the produce was slightly low and with that the prices rocketed. I had a few one morning when a friend came from his orchard and was generous enough to offer us the Musang King during our morning coffee session, the highest grade of the fruit from his orchard.
I have been diligently crocheting some doilies a couple of weeks earlier before the meet , contributing to JT's project when she mentioned that she was looking for some handmade crocheted vintage doilies and not those machine made. I am glad she love these few doilies I made for her.
Hope you enjoyed my new crafting adventure, until my next post, take care everyone, stay safe especially if your area are typhoon active.




8 comments:
Whaha great idea to try out a new technique at a crafty meeting. I love your new clutch, Lillie, that fabric is just gorgeous. I'm very curious to see what new ideas will come forth during your next meetings.
These crocheted doilies are wonderful. I also have a couple of them but not made by me but they are all gifts.
wOw! The clutch was really worth it Lillie! I have never seen such lovely doilies!
I love poppies, the clutchet looks fantastic.If durian smells so bad how can it taste delicious?AriadnefromGreece!
Your clutch purse turned out so sweet! And your dinner that day sounds great. Where do you live? I've not seen durian for sale near me but I would love to try some one day. I love fruit and I could live on whatever fruit is in season at the moment!
I just love your clutch purse, Lillie--that fabric is so very lovely!
Have never heard of the durian fruit--not sure I would be able to eat it due to the smell, though ;)
Love your doilies--each one is so delicate and perfect!
The purse is gorgeous. I've never even heard of durian fruit...it sounds, er, interesting? Stinky but delicious? Hmmm intrigued!
What a charming poppy clutch. Great job on the clutch and the lovely doilies!
wow...thats one neat clutch using the most gorgeous choice of fabric..
I wanted to taste Durian one day...looking forward to visit that part of the world soon...I have seen this in supermarkets here, but never got the courage to buy it . It is a bit expensive thing here because of shipping cost.. First thing i wanted to try in Singapore or malaysia is Durian...
Post a Comment