Thursday, September 29, 2016

September drift

Is it only me that I find the months swooshing by so quickly ? I felt like weekend was only yesterday and here it is again. In the beginning of the year, I had so much plans with my UFOs which I have set my eyes upon to complete, yet  nothing seem to materialized, now with the remaining few months left heading  towards year end, weddings and annual dinners are likely to dominate my calendar soon. So what has I got going in September ?

Ad hoc Crafting - Without a purpose I felt empty. I had no idea what I wanted to do, not like I didn't have any, been staring at my UFO for weeks that became months. So much that only in recent weeks I  began crocheting my second Gold yarn tunic since the first one I made was gifted away. I reasons that I will need something easy and not too taxing on the brain to keep me occupied when I head back to my MIL's for the Mourning ritual prayers. This is the latest progress of the tunic, Gold Lily yarn Single strand. The first was crocheted in double strands. I prefer the single strands better honestly.
I signed up for a Book Exchange - Save the Culture Book Exchange via FB just for fun, knowingly that I don't have many bookworms on my Friends list or even if they do, we are not on the same wave length. Anyhow, my choice of book was on something with an Asian Theme since it's coming from me. This is the book I sent out heading to Denmark for Julie. I hope my recipient will be happy and enjoy reading  the book.
September Grief  - Filial Piety, Duty bound - The mourning period of my FIL's demise three years ago officially ended last week. By Customary tradition, we had to dressed in our mourning garments which had been simplified a lot to go with the changing times. Relatives and friends are notified by word of mouth and a mini feast is held for the visiting people while a Taoist priest conducts the final ritual for the final closure and ending with us discarding our mourning garments of white and black to something fiery red.
I was given the duty to purchase some Red Flowers for the prayer purpose

A September Getaway - To the beach we went. I arrived just in time to watch an amazing Sunset. Sometimes, chances only comes once and you have to grab it or there's no second. This is what happen, the cloud was too jealous of the sun and hover over the sun on the few evenings that followed
We checked into our Executive Villa at Grand Lexis, Port Dickson located on the Straits of Malacca.
Our villa faced the open sea with a great view of the sunsets
Waking up to the sound of the waves
The villa came with basic kitchen amenities and I made breakfast one morning
while looking out into the sea. Actually I stood here every morning just staring out into the sea with a cup of coffee in hand.
It comes with a built in dip pool and where I spent some mornings and mid afternoons time since the stretched of beach here is barred for strolling or basking in the sun.
The beach here is just not meant to be
The floor has a glass panel of the sea below. I imagined if I look long enough I might see mermaids but nope
We played tourist too while we were there and visited a Chinese Temple and had some fun playing drama at a 3D museum which seem to be the in thing here lately.
While hunting for food, were we had a barbeque Chicken lunch at a venue with a Cowboy theme,
we stop by to take a peek at  Lexis Hibiscus Resort, the sister company
Located 9km away from where we were, the beach here would definitely be the better choice
A slight detour into Admiral Cove, a Marina
When one is near a beach, Seafood is a must
 We had Sweet & Sour Chili Crab and a Yam Basket of Squid
Back to the City - A day in the City
Mid Day Afternoon Tea with a captivating view of our iconic Twin Tower in view and panoramic view of the city around at Grand Hyatt Thirty-8 Lounge.
While in the City I went in to collect my order of the Christmas Ornament Issue 2016 at Kino and was drawn to Cross Stitcher October 2016 Issue
Now maybe something in these magazine will inspire me back to stitching
The need to kick myself - for some serious crafting...stitching that is.

Well, weekend is here soon, so here's wishing everyone a happy good weekend.



6 comments:

Ariadne said...

Glad your mourning period is over and you had a good time at the beach! Funny seeing that you recieved a book from the Book exchange. I didn't receive any at all!AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

Wow. Your vacation was lovely.

Carol said...

I think your gold tunic is so pretty, Lillie, and just perfect to work on as the Mourning period ends. I always enjoy reading about your traditions--found the custom of discarding mourning garb for something bright red to be so interesting.

Looks like a lovely beach getaway--so relaxing!

Enjoy all of your lovely new stash--I need to get the JCS ornament magazine soon, too :)

Happy October to you!

Von said...

A lovely September update!
You've visited some beautiful places - thanks for sharing!

Brigitte said...

Your September seemed to be filled with lots of activities, Lillie.
Your new tunic looks gorgeous. I can understand that you don't want to be without a project. I wouldn't like that either. And joining that book exchange was a nice idea.
A little vacation time is always great, particularly when it's at the seaside. Sorry that you couldn't use the beach for walks or just lying in the sun.

Summer said...

Your vacation looks so wonderful ♥