Thursday, September 15, 2016

Autumnal Feel

I have been busy at nothing and no serious crafting for weeks that is worth mentioning for now.
Full Moon is here - How times flies.
Felt like it's only no so long ago since that we had the Moon Cake aka the Mid Autumn Festival and now, it's here again. It's celebrated by the nation except no public holiday. Children will be out playing with lantern by night fall and community hall will hold mini celebrations. I contemplated long enough if I should bake the Traditional Mooncakes , with Diane being away and Vincent not  mad about mooncakes, literally means I have no guinea pigs around. I took the easy way out with Jelly Mooncakes, it has to be the Coffee flavor
A-Tate-A-Tate - I welcome August month with an Afternoon Tea session with 2 long time friends  at the Ritz Carlton. We started of with a glass of  bubbly cheers to another year of friendship. Our visit so happened to coincide with the KL Fashion week  and Ritz had theme their desserts like so.
A second Afternoon Tea session  before the end of  August. A taste of British in KL at Harrods

Crafting & Stitching - For a very special birthday, I didn't made a card but saw this little birdcage and put together some flowers and charms including a key charm for a lady celebrating her 21st birthday last month.
I had a new start,  stitching something in blue - A Variegated DMC 103. I'll post a picture when I have more to show. Haven't given much thoughts as what I am going to finish this into. Also, working on a second gold yarn tunic.  

We are having a three days weekend, I'll be packing my bags to visit MIL. So doubt I'll get any crafting done.

Have a great weekend where ever you may be
and if you are celebrating Mid-Autumn, Enjoy the fullmoon tonight, May the Mid Autumn Festival is nothing but simply joyful.






3 comments:

KimM said...

Oh, your 'tea' visits look exquisite! What fun! Puts me in the mood for scones. Lovely gift you made, too, Lillie. Have a nice visit with MIL.
xxx

Carol said...

The coffee flavored mooncake looks so yummy, Lillie, as do those treats you and your friends shared at the tea! Pretty little birthday gift, too--I'm sure it was much appreciated.

Enjoy your three day weekend! And your last half of September (hard to believe!).

Brigitte said...

I still remember when you were showing moon cakes last year - time is flying.
That get-together with your friends for the British high tea certainly was a treat. Everything looks so delicious and I'm sure you had a lot of fun.
What a gorgeous little gift you made.