Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The lost world , a Raya break

I had a very long weekend last, 5 days being the Hari Raya Adil Fitri Festival, its a festival for the Muslim celebrating the end of  their holy fasting month. Since the whole country is celebrating, me and my group of friends are not the only ones taking a break. We took off to Southern Thailand, revisited Hatyai , I have mentioned this place before and so I won't repeat. Instead, I'll show you a little what Danok has to offer. Danok, a once a upon a time a sleepy dusty little transit border town. Today, that sleepy little town has awaken and evolved into a real delight for both men and the kids. The bars and clubs has been there are still there obviously, the men are still streaming into it but it's newest family entertainment attractions are the Dinosaur Park and Asian Culture Village.
We were there in the late evening as apparently the view is much better 
after the sun goes down when  the lights are up
It's miniature  attractions comprising  a Cowboy town, an ancient Chinese "Kung Fu" town that you see in films,  Water fountain, a miniature tribal villages with shops on leather goods, snacks, horse carts rides and etc, etc. It's a bit crowded that weekend, it's afterall a holiday for everybody even in Thailand. I did get some photos but most turned out  blurry  especially from the Asian CultureVillage
See how the lights transformed the Dino Land
 Kung Fu Panda Land, as I have named it,  is part of  the Asian Culture Village category
I preferred the day light look on the pandas
Unfortunately I didn't get any daylight photo
Naturally you get to see a Buddhist Temple everywhere you go in Thailand
Hatyai is no exception, this temple is located along our journey surrounded by rubber trees 
This is my first visit here, didn't get its location, I was half asleep as I was sleep deprived last night on the bus
Upon arrival after the crowded checkpoints to get our passport stamp, we were taken to a Snack shop, then to Nora Departmental Store cum Bird Nest Restaurant that offers leather goods and bird nests soup before headed for a buffet lunch at Lee Gardens Hotel.
 Throughout my trip, the best authentic Thai Tom Yam Goong has to be from the buffet. It's the classic version, spicy, loaded with shrimp and mushroom and squid and soury. The broth is fragrant with spices and herbs with it's main ingredients lemongrass and kaffir lime. It's distinct flavours of spicy, soury and savoury is very addictive while Gang Kiew Wan Gai (green curry chicken)with its classic hot and a hint of sweetness is simply perfect for my taste....yums
Thailand is famously famous for it's Coconut IceCream
 Baby pineapples from the market
I simply love these sweet pineapples
I missed these little pineapples on my last trip, but not this round
Ketupat Palas with meat floss wrapped in flavored glutinous rice
It's a dumpling with a tint of sweetness in the glutinous rice

I haven't been crafting since I completed my Christmas in July exchange. I did a little knitting of my blue tunic and green scarf but that is about it. Didn't even brought along any smallish to stitch on this trip, instead I brought a book to read and finished it by the time I got home
That's about it, we are getting some late evening thunder storm rain again.
Hopefully my next post will be reveal day for my Christmas in July Swap.
Take care everyone and thank you for your visits and I appreciate your lovely comments in my last post.







3 comments:

Brigitte said...

This dinosaur theme park is certainly a big attraction where you can spend a lot of enjoyable time. The same with the Asian Culture Village. You seemed to have a great time there.
You know that I always love to see your food pictures. And although I can't try any of these dishes it's interesting to see them.

Vickie said...

The park looks like much fun. The food you have shown is delicious I am sure.

Carol said...

That looks like a great trip, Lillie! I love seeing the different foods, too--have never seen baby pineapples before. They are so cute! I'm sure it was fun to see all the different areas such as the cowboy town :)

I look forward to seeing your Christmas in July swap!