Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Come what May

Continuing on my 'unspoken SAL' pincushion. I think I am finally happy with the second trial of stitching the words. This definitely look better from the first stitch, we don't actually had to copied the exact same text typeface or do we?
I managed to sew a little red bird from a crochet motif and twitch a little from it's original design
Leaving the most difficult part for last, applique.
Now assembling and putting the four pieces together seem a bit tricky. Let's see if I managed in my next post. Until then, here's a sneak peek.
The month of May began with a  three day weekend which seriously didn't felt like one. I didn't know where the extra day went. Before I know it, it's back to work.
I made blueberry pancakes one morning when I had a packet of blueberries in the fridge for about a week and don't know quite what to do with it. I wasn't in the mood to bake muffin or cakes or anything else, so this was pretty quick and easy breakfast
It was a good day to meet up Diane on that extra day. We've been talking movie for sometime and so we finally made it to watch the Marvel's Civil War  and after,  a late lunch at Ben's. She will be busy studying  in the coming weeks until her exam in June and has no plan of coming home any sooner.
  She had Soft Shell spaghetti while I had Ben's Traditional Salad and a cuppa Chamomile tea.
The weekend after, I took mom out for some brunch and some girly stuff to celebrate Mother's Day.
I hope all of you had a wonderful, well pampered and an enjoyable day on Mother's Day too.
I opened up a new home for cats only.
I succumb to this Neko Atsume mobile game about a month ago. Blame that on Diane, LOL
How could I resist not colleting the kitties especially those rare cats. The game is actually designed for kids, yes, you did not read me wrong, It's not a complicated game, in fact I find it barely a game at all. There is no serious quota to level up unlike Sims, all you had to do here, is to entice the cats with various foods and toys and stuff that you think will interest the cats to visit your virtual home and yet I am obsessed with it.
 At this point, I am still short of three rare cats that I am trying to lure into my home.  You can see two here. These rare cats are always all dressed and dolled up in special clothes befitting their name.
Made another quickie paleo breakfast of Avocado egg for work a couple of days back.
This is another quick and easy. can you sense that I am that lazy lately? LOL
 And I finished this crocheted top finally. Haven't got it washed yet. Strange as it may sound, we are having thunder storm and rain lately. A sudden change in weather from the blistering hot days just so recently. So this will have to wait till I get some good amount of sunshine.

Well, that's about it until my next post.
Wishing all of you warm and beautiful days
Thank you for stopping by.




9 comments:

Ariadne said...

The crocheted blouse looks stunning! I had blueberry pancakes in the States and loved them!AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

I look forward to seeing your pincushion put together. Your pancakes look delicious. You are so funny with your cats! ;) Your paleo breakfast looks great!ooOoo! Your crocheted top is so pretty.

Angela said...

Your crocheted finish is lovely!

KimM said...

Hi, Lillie! I love your blog - and your posts....been reading.....and trying to catch up. You and your mother are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your creativity and creations.
xxx

Carol said...

Such a pretty picture of you and your mom, Lillie! Sounds like a wonderful time together. I just LOVE blueberry pancakes--all of your food looks fantastic.

Pretty crocheted top and I look forward to your final pincushion :) Enjoy your weekend!

Barbara J said...

A brilliant idea to stitch a bird instead of fussy cutting fabric with a bird motif. All the components looking great. Onward to assembly! :)

Lumiruusu said...

Levy blouse ,the colour is "so my style " and you did grat work with it ! Pancakes are delicious ..here in Finland we have Forests everywhere so we can pick our blueberries from nature freely where ever we want (not on some ones yeard of course )

Margaret said...

Your posts are always so inspiring and tasty Lillie.
What a lovely picture of you and your mom.
Looking forward to seeing your pincushion when it is finished. Like all the things you make I'm sure it will be perfect.
Love, love your crocheted blouse.

Brigitte said...

This pincushion will be a beauty, Lillie. I'M totally behind with my blog reading so I don't know if you have already assembled and shown it in one of your next posts. But later I will see :)

These extra days during long weekends always pass in a hurry, don't they? But I have the impression that you always make themes out of them. And using the word "lazy" when talking about you is just the opposite of what you are. You are always so busy with crafting, cooking and caring for your family. And you make up all those lovely blog posts giving us a wonderful insight into your daily life. And all those food pictures are fantastic and always make my mouth water.

Such a lovely picture of you and your Mom. You two must have enjoyed your day very much.