Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Catching up and Finishing up

About the WSG Birthday Exchange
These are the fabrics I picked for my finishing
and these trimmings
which I ended not using it
RED HEXA SAL
Six more done, completed just in time before November ends
Counting 45 Hexa Flowers 7 more and 1 month left
Thirty-Two years later
A welcome home luncheon for Michelle (sited in the center) 
who flew in from Kansas, USA for a visit and
for this meet up at PUTIEN, Chinese Restaurant
Our afternoon lunch
Top Row
Fried Toufo/Yam Fritters/Bittergourd with Honey
Middle Row
Steam Chicken/Pickle Papaya & Hazelnuts/ Chinese noodle
Last Row
Steam Fish/Fried Vermicelli/Pork Ribs
 Desserts by Putien
Variety of Yam and potatoes in
Pumpkin or Coconut Milk and Jelly
Hereafter, we adjourned to Betjernm & Barton for Tea
The motifs crocheted tunic for Diane in Lilac is finally done
and fitted. Just hope one day she will wear it and I'll remember to take photo. 
For now, she ain't gonna model it for me. 
Our WSG Birthday Exchange meet is this weekend.
It's finally happening!!
My exchange are all done and packed. 
The shops are now filled with all things Christmas
and my boxes look Christmassy too as I wanted the same box design
Sorry the pictures here are a little dull as we  have entered the Monsoon season, which means higher rainfall and gloomy days and shorter sunny day light. As I am writing this now, it's raining very heavily outside and it's kinda chilly inside.

Thank you all for coming by again and especially to all who left comments in my last post.


7 comments:

Karyn said...

What a wonderful lunch you had for your friend...beautiful group of ladies...but which one is you, Lillie? 32 years since she visited? Your lunch looks amazing, and I can imagine what a treasured day it was.
I love the fabric that you used for your finishing on the WSG Exchange treat, your recipient will love your gift!
Your Hexagons are coming along...you must be so fast by now! :)
Your crocheting is gorgeous, and so very perfect! I would love to see a pic of Diane wearing it...tell her she must, lol :)
Thanks for sharing such fun pics with your friends...glad I came for a "visit"
Hugs

Vickie said...

How wonderful to see your friend again after 32 years!! A great lunch!
You did an excellent job on Diane's tunic. How lovely.

Mylene said...

oh those foodies looks so yummy! Sounds a great meet-up with friends.
That sure looks lovely, the crocheted tunic...great job.

Brigitte said...

It seems you had a great get-together with your crafting friends. And wow, what great food you had. Everything looks so delicious.
Great tunic that you made for Diane.

Carol said...

A reunion after 32 years?! How special that must have been, Lillie... The food looks amazing and I'm sure Michelle was delighted to see you all again.

What a lovely color Diane's tunic is--it will look great on her :)

Hope your weekend will be fun-filled as you count down to Christmas!

Andrea said...

Looks like a wonderful homecoming. The tunic looks fantastic.

Lumiruusu said...

I am with Vickie ..the crocheted tunic is really something very special and oh so pretty to! You are really a busy needle Lady..love your blog! With my best Greetings,Maija from Finland