Monday, June 08, 2015

Chilly June

When it's Summer in Northern Hemisphere and Winter in Southern Hemisphere, we are experiencing  rain, at times heavy downfall and so the days can be chilly, at times chilled me to the bone in the office when the air-conditioning is in full blast and in away it awaken the lazy bones in me.
  
No stitching of lately, procrastinating a lot actually and it's June already.
 Towards the end of May I  manage to drag myself to put this on my drawing board.
The Pincushion Teapot, freebie design by Red Brolly . It's been so long on my to do list.
I envision it to be difficult just by looking for some weeks but it turned out that the tutorial was  a joy to follow. I omitted sewing the side seams not on purpose, I simply forgot . Added a little embellishment on the teapot cover and a tea tag. It wasn't perfect, I had hidden flaws and I tweaked a bit differently for both the Spout and the Handle.
We are having mango season, and it's always a joy to have fresh cut mangos with Sticky Glutinous rice and savoury Coconut milk or Mango Sago Pearls in Coconut Milk.
Can never have enough of mangos, yumz !
Both are good tea time desserts
I also bake a couple of cupcakes, these are Ferror Rochas Cuppies, just add the Ferror Rochas to your favourite cake batter and you are done. Mine is Passion Fruit, because a neighbour gave me some really large fruits and it's been in the fridge for over a week already.  I had some plain ones for mom actually whom was going away on a trip so she could munch in case she got hungry in her journey and some extras for her friends who was travelling with her.
My knitted tunic for Diane's is finally done. If you remembered about me posting  this knitted tunic some many months back, like a year or so. Another UFO done with.
The Red Hexa SAL, four more flowers done for the month of May. I am contemplating to start piercing the flowers together now or should I wait till I am all done with 52 flowers. Still thinking !

I hear the falling rain on the roof and it's heavy, there's  loud thundering too that doesn't sound too distance away, which means the rain will stay for some hours. Like always never like rain especially when it's near time to knock off from work.
That's all for now, have a good week ahead everyone and thank you for coming by with your inspiring comments.


6 comments:

Vickie said...

What a sweet teapot pincushion!
You did very well with Diane's tunic.

Angela said...

I adore your little teapot finish, so cute :)

Meari said...

Cute little teapot. I LOVE mangoes! I have one sitting on my counter right now. :) Nice job on the tunic.

Lumiruusu said...

The teapot pincushion is darling cute and oh-so pretty!

Brigitte said...

This teapost pincushion is just gorgeous. I'm sure it was a bit difficult to make but you say that the instructions were perfect. It is looking perfect too.
Congrats on finishing that lovely tunic.

Lynn said...

Love the teapot, it is on my to do list!Lol....
The tunic looks gorgeous.