Monday, May 25, 2015

Tick ! Tock ! Tick ! Tock ! May is coming to an end

How time flies. I have been procrastinating on this post as well.
It'll soon be June and two birthdays from this little group of mine where we are having the No Deadline Birthday Exchange in 2015 has just gone by, with June it will be three and I haven't got anything on my drawing board nor planned yet. Well, there were lots of ideas in my head, I pretty much want to make everything I see on Pinterest, well, looking and looking can take hours and not able to make up my mind is another. So here I am pondering still.

On another note, I've just finished stitching for a Mail Art Exchange hosted by Mii Stitch. It's been a long while since I was in an MA exchange.   I won't be able to share the photos of my MA as yet for now but this I can show you. Buttons I made using a little button making gadget from Daiso. It was pretty easy to make.
My Mother's Day stashing at Spotlight,  my first visit  like  35 minutes, and any crafters would know 35 minutes is NOT enough time to explore a craft store but I thought I could just make  a quick stop over on my way to fetch Diane 20 minutes away since I already knew what I wanted but apparently there's a lot more that I want but couldn't lay my hands on with so little time. So next visit, no rush.
Me and Mom had an early Mother's Day girls shopping spree  with both of us ended buying shoes, we went to Sephora, H & M, Parkson, Isetan and  thereafter we  stop to rest with her having  a bowl of Curry noodles instead of  Nasi Lemak which she wanted earlier but changed her mind.
She's  82
My bowl of Asam Laksa noodle (A spicy sweet sour from tamarind broth)
 A late  Tim Sum at Genting Resort with DH. There's not much to show of this hilly casino resort at the moment since it is currently undergoing a massive re-development for the  first Twentieth Fox Century Theme park due to complete in 2016 . No we don't gamble, just sometimes we like to put a night or two here for it's cool air plus I love to shop here.
Red Hexa SAL related.
I finally got these fabrics out intended for washing but it rained heavily on the day I wanted to get it wash. So will have to put it away until another day
 
So instead I went on to make these Form Dress Mannequin, a design template from DIY Dish.
Here's the link thediydish. I have made these before but given away. These are for me, oh wait!! Diane had claimed one for herself.
.Stitching a Witchy Boots on a remnant piece of fabric to get my mind off  some pending issues on the homefront that has been on my mind for some weeks. I was also feeling unwell and apparently I had what the Doctor term is as Acid Reflux Symptom.  I was too tired to think any more and thought I could stitch a simple pair of witch boots on my own intuition and instinctive feeling, no chart, resulting I had to undo one boot when both  doesn't look like a match.
 After all the froggy~ies gone and new stitches put in
Confession, your eyes not playing any tricks on you.  
One leg is off by one count, not gonna undo that. I'll just leave it as that, no execuses
Will reveal my finishing in the next posting.

Till then, have a good week ahead, thank you so much for coming by, I appreciate and thank you all  for your lovely comments.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

So wonderful to get caught up with you. I look forward to seeing your many projects you have planned.

Angela said...

Lovely new stash, the buttons are so pretty and I love Witchy Boots! I will look forward to seeing the finish :)

Meari said...

I agree... 35 minutes is just not enough time. :)

Your Mom is very beautiful. And the food.... oh yum!!

You did a great job with your stitchy boots.

Meari said...

P.S. Thank you for the link to the dress form pincushion. I watched the video. I loved it! I need to find some candlesticks!

Brigitte said...

You are right, Lillie, time is flying by like nothing. Only 35 minutes in a LNS must seem like just a couple of minutes - time is flying in there even faster, lol. BUt you got some nice new stash anyway.
Great to have a day out with your mom.
Witchy Boots is looking gorgeous, a nice design that you created here. And I'm looking forward to seeing your finished mailart.

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Lillie1 I really like posts because they allways take me to "Picture travelling" to your beautifull and from my point of view an exotic places and scenerys. You did your bestin 35 minutes in a craft shop but really that was not enough time to spent there :) Lovely fabrics and everything usefull did you buy :)
Your lady Mother is very beautiful and elegant -I wish you many happy years with he to come :)

Nima said...

Hi Lillie..it has been ages since i visited your blog...so good to read thru your updates. I love your mannequin . I still remember the first one you made and i got itched with that cute pattern too