Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kimono Cardigan Outfit

 The In-Trend currently here that hit the mall by storm, afterall it's forever summer here, so the light and breezy design are not only suitable for our climate but totally adorable. The style of the Kimono  varies too in structure depending on the fabric material. And since I'm a sucker for cardigans, I just had to sew one. I had this tribal print fabric lying around for like ages, I thought I made a Kimono Cardigan out of it.  Like always, before I embark on a new journey I googled a lot to study and made references from not one but various sources. This is my maiden effort.
The binding and sewing in progress.  I would have cut differently for my second piece
But because I was short of fabrics, it left me no choice but to cut the sleeve and open up the armbole. That also because I made reference to a Japanese  Kimono bathrope that I had. 
Ta da ! it's done, this is the best I could do to show it off.
A little bake from last week for breakfast when my aunt came visiting 
That's it, a short and quick post for now.
Have a good week and thank you all who came by and left comments.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Good for you! Enjoy wearing it now.

Carol said...

Your kimono cardigan turned out great, Lillie--such unique fabric, too! Oh, those baked goods look wonderful--hope you had a nice visit with your aunt :)

Barbara J said...

I didn't know kimonos were in? I suppose that's because I don't go shopping for clothes :) Very ethnic kimono!

Lumiruusu said...

The Kimono Cardigan looks very fashionably I have seen some of those in the shops here too! Your bakings look always so tasty!!