Saturday, August 31, 2013

August full of happenings

Lots happened in August.  I had good days and bad days, but I shall keep only to happy thoughts for my  August roundup post.
 A 3-D Birthday wishes is in a little treasure box/closet of  her favourite things
with a sneak peek of her college mates on their colour theme day; Red for girls and Blue for boys

 The last book on the shelf actually open up to pages with written wishes from everyone at home.
My first attempt at baking a Rainbow cake, doubt I'll ever bake a second one after this.
All I can say is that it's tedious and took me a day to bake and in a rush I forgot the flowers for the cake top. The blue candle is a musical candle that plays Happy Birthday when twisted
The next card for Mom in a flatfold finishing
Mom shared the same birthday month with Diane with only a day apart.
The Workbasket Freebie - Pink Flower
32ct Linen. Thought this would be a quickie but stitching this felt like forever. I had an on off stitching affair since I started it on June 26. Threads all original DMC colors it called for.  Finishing will be later .
A secret stitching project in August
I need the grids to stitch this, yet I kept getting cross-eyed.
"Au nom de la Rose" design adapted from driada7.ru
The Spider Web Rose Stitch is so intimidating, while the  Rhodes Heart stitch, my first attempt is so daunting. Can you imagined I even thought of replacing Rhodes Heart stitch with a button ?
Somehow I gathered enough courage an attempted the Rhodes Heart with not so satisfying result  nor did I perfected it. So MW, please pretend you didn't notice 'wink'
My first such finishing yet cheating the finishing on the inside of the stitching pouch.
Replacing the needle section with felts instead of more Rhodes Heart which I have no confidence of attempting successfully
Fabric Linen 32count
 Margaret's  Birthday card with her favourite item; pincushion, only that it's barely visible
Margaret's Birthday package
I was days late in mailing this out, needed a bit more time to finished the pouch 
I received words of its arrival a couple of days ago.
With left over batter from the Rainbow cake I made some half a dozen of Ferrero Rocher cuppies. I think I am loving this more.

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you have a great weekend.
  

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Yummy looking birthday cake & great needle book au nom de la rose! It sure looks adorable :)

Vickie said...

Fabulous cakes!!!!
Very pretty projects.Have a great weekend.

EvalinaMaria said...

Oh, baking and stitching - two of my favorites! Well done.

Ellen said...

Wow, cakes sure look yummy! You are great with those beautiful cards, love them!

Your stitching pouch is gorgeous! Can't see any 'wink'???

Happy Birthday to your dear mum and Diane!

Hugs,

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Lillie !

I have to say i really admire Your baaking and cradmaking skills.
There is allways something new ,sweet and oh-so creative on your cards ! I hve loved every single one.

I also made card yeasterday -It is for my stitsching friends BD so I will show it to You later..
Soon I need to make one as a housewarmingcard too.

Lovely stitching as allways :)

nikiad.blogspot.gr said...

Hello, Lillie !!!!
Your blog is excellent- you have
great ideas and fantastic designs!!!!
I am a new member of your blog !
I hope that you will follow
my blog , too !!
Greetings from Greece !!!!!

Barbara J said...

Lovely XS finish for MW! That must have taken forever with all the specialty stitches!

The cakes looks really yummy! And appreciated by the birthday gals ... young and old!

Brigitte said...

Oh, you stitched some great pieces last month. And they are all so creatively finished. I love that little sewing case, it's gorgeous.
And you are not only a great stitcher and finisher, but also a great baker. Both cakes look delicious and I'm sure they tasted delicious, too.

Margaret wong said...

Thank you so much for the lovely pressies, Lillie! I LOVE them all, the stitching pouch with the specialty stitches.....roses are my fave esp in pink!

and that rainbow cake id to die for!