Well, it is the time
of the year again when things are just busier than normal especially for people
in my region, tax time included but primary the upcoming festivity which is a
matter of days now. Upon welcoming the New Year, we had approximately five
weeks to prepare for the Chinese New Year festivity. It is strange isn't it how
we tends to pile everything up all year long to get everything done within that
last few weeks just for a festivity, all because traditions are too important
to ignored and with a full time job, I had to pick priorities which include the
house that need cleaning, paint work to be done, things to buy and food to
prepare.
Around town, Red Lanterns in every size are everywhere this time of the year, it's like Christmas tree at Christmas time. I do love the atmosphere at this time of the year, its literally painting the town red.
And flowers of this season; Cherry Blossoms, Peonies, Chrysanthemum.
In January we sent Diane off to the compulsory 'once selected' National Service Camp for a duration of three months, before her departure we have things to prep for her trip, followed by travelling some almost three hours journey each way to meet up with her on three consecutive weekends. And that took the time away I needed to prep things for the coming festivity too.
And I went looking for these, traditional 'Nin Koh' (Sticky Cake) a must have during the festivity among other things
In between all these, DH & I had two weddings to attend and invitations to 'sau kung' dinners (Company Annual Dinners) which took away some evenings where I could have had the time to prep a lot more things for the festivity.
Some bakes since last week, was glad I did or I would not have got any baking done.
Can you see that my doggies are very emo? LOL. I didn't get any help this time with Diane gone to camp; otherwise she will be the one constructing its features. Vicente only came to check if the bakes are ready to go into his mouth ! If only you could see me roll my eyes every time he came into the kitchen, LOL.
My first attempt at Seaweed crackers. I didn't realized that it's super easy to make and didn't cost much either. How I have been ripped off all these while by the prices it's been sold at the market.
Did I craft?
Around town, Red Lanterns in every size are everywhere this time of the year, it's like Christmas tree at Christmas time. I do love the atmosphere at this time of the year, its literally painting the town red.
And flowers of this season; Cherry Blossoms, Peonies, Chrysanthemum.
In January we sent Diane off to the compulsory 'once selected' National Service Camp for a duration of three months, before her departure we have things to prep for her trip, followed by travelling some almost three hours journey each way to meet up with her on three consecutive weekends. And that took the time away I needed to prep things for the coming festivity too.
And I went looking for these, traditional 'Nin Koh' (Sticky Cake) a must have during the festivity among other things
In between all these, DH & I had two weddings to attend and invitations to 'sau kung' dinners (Company Annual Dinners) which took away some evenings where I could have had the time to prep a lot more things for the festivity.
Some bakes since last week, was glad I did or I would not have got any baking done.
Can you see that my doggies are very emo? LOL. I didn't get any help this time with Diane gone to camp; otherwise she will be the one constructing its features. Vicente only came to check if the bakes are ready to go into his mouth ! If only you could see me roll my eyes every time he came into the kitchen, LOL.
My first attempt at Seaweed crackers. I didn't realized that it's super easy to make and didn't cost much either. How I have been ripped off all these while by the prices it's been sold at the market.
Another quick and easy and the kids favourite; crunchy Honey Cornflakes. London Almond cookies minus the chocolate coating was actually my first bake and I almost didn't get the
chocolate coating right when I was melting the chocolate two nights ago.
Currently crocheting a tunic for Diane and a shrug simultaneously espeically every time I am on the
road plus putting in some stitches on my 'HOPE' whenever I find time. This is my progress until January.
Until I see you next, I would like to wish all who came by a big thank you for visiting and your time to leave me your comments, take care wherever you may be and enjoy what ever that give you pleasure and make you smile.








6 comments:
Wow Lillie! I feel tired just reading all this. You are Super Mom!
oh such cute cookies!All the foods looks yummmy!
Goodluck with all the preparation for the festivities!!
You have been very very busy! Wishing you and your family a Happy Chinese New Year!
Oh my, you've been so busy, and in spite of all that was going on you found the time to bake all these wonderful cookies. They look delicious!
Everything looks so festive and fun, Lillie!! Love all those red lanterns, pretty blooms, and yummy looking foods...
Your Hope WIP is lovely--such soft and pretty colors :)
Love all the pictures, so colorful. The food looks yummy too, and the doggie cookies are so cute. Hope is looking so pretty, I like the soft coloring in those designs.
Sue
Post a Comment