Happy New
Year everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful great start to 2013 and I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for following me along on my crafting adventures and the occasional journey in life. Big thank you especially to you who stop to leave me with your lovely comments, it meant a lot to me for your words inspire me to keep on blogging and sharing this passion.
The days before Christmas
I thought I could end my
post for the year with my Christmas post but there was this one ornament that
got left out, not intentionality but because it didn't arrive when it should
and I had the postie to blame for the delay it caused.
I hope you had a wonderful great start to 2013 and I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for following me along on my crafting adventures and the occasional journey in life. Big thank you especially to you who stop to leave me with your lovely comments, it meant a lot to me for your words inspire me to keep on blogging and sharing this passion.
The days before Christmas
The design is
actually from a Black Cat Silhouette, I used variegated threads on this kitty
hoping to get it to resemble the fur of a Siamese kitty, and I failed miserably
didn't I?
It wasn't even close enough although I
had one living right under my eyes, that's my princess, LOL
I also finished this into a Bell
shape and keeping the design clean and simple by adding only lace and a tiny bell for the kitty's neck
At the very least, I gave
kitty its signature blue eyes and added a bit of holly? For that added
Christmassy touch. It’s after all a Christmas Ornie for Jess W and I stole this
snap from Jess too when I forgot to snap a closeup before I mail. Thanks Jess ;P
One last final finish. This was from last year's, never got to finish it then. Backing was in green velvet. No fancy finishing for this.
On Christmas day, we were at Genting Highlands Resort for an evening with the Australian Bee Gees. Glad the kids enjoyed it too and they recognized some of their songs to actually sing along.
Some bakes before Christmas, Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Chips
My first attempt at baking a Fruit Cake, I am naming it, Crumble Fruit Cake, because half of it actually did crumble like this, LOL. Another disaster from my kitchen. I haven't figured it out where have I gone wrong.
My first attempt at baking a Fruit Cake, I am naming it, Crumble Fruit Cake, because half of it actually did crumble like this, LOL. Another disaster from my kitchen. I haven't figured it out where have I gone wrong.
This was dinner the evening before we left for Genting, Bake Chicken and Shitake Mushroom with Mashed Potatoes, my version of a one pot dish.
The New Year's
No, I did not
pen down my resolutions. I am not a resolution type of a person. I rather put things into action with whatever ideas that came racing into my head and see it materialized rather than staring into a piece of paper over what need to be done. It's also the
last few days to prep things for DD who has been conscript to join the compulsory (once selected) National
Service for 3 months.
Surprisingly, I manage some few hours of quiet time to stitch this WIP from over a year ago. Once Upon A-Time the final chart of three, Hope. Although that few hours was from a day, I did get some good amount of progress on this. I will need a couple more hours of a day or two, I hope. Until another update then.
To all who came by, THANK YOU for a great year of stitching friendship !
I wish every one of you a year full of joy, good health, love, success and dreams come true.










12 comments:
Happy new year to you Lillie, The ornament looks gorgeous with variegated thread
That is a lovely with Lillie. I wish the same for you. Your real cat and your stitched cat are beautiful!
Hello Lillie 1
I really love the cat ornament and I think that the cat looks a little bit like a siamese.
The face of the kitty is darker than her body and her figure is very slim... .
This ornemet is really unique and I do really ,really like it a lot !!!
Aiyah, as far as I can see my stitched kitty has got dark points ( from the varigated thread ) just like Milo. I LOVE the ornie, thank you.
Dinner looks delish, and I have a lot of sucess with the cake etc recipes from http://www.taste.com.au/
JessW.
Dear Lillie,
I just find your blog. Congratulations for your wonderful stitched items. I like them all! :-)
Happy New Year and greetings from Hungary,
Adrienn
What a sweet kitty ornament and what a sweet kitty.
Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
Oh Lillie, your sweet little cat is just gorgeous. I love the variegated thread you used for it. And I think you didn't fail, it's just your version.
happy new year. the cat looks great. the food looks yummy.
Your cat ornament is so lovely. I just love it and would like to stitch one for myself too.
Lillie, I just love your bell-shaped ornament. You did a wonderful job on it :)
Isn't your kitty pretty, too--beautiful coloring...
I wish you and your family a most happy new year!!
Happy belated New Year Lillie! I love the cat ornament! It is beautiful. I got hungry reading your post, those brownies look divine and so does the baked chicken! Yum!
Love your kitty ornament finish, it is sooo cute! Beautiful stitching and finishing.
Sue
Post a Comment