All because I have been receiving stunning parcels from these special stitching friends who made my day with these wonderful packages and they are the most generous people I have ever known. I am so touched for their thoughtfulness in pampering me not only with these gorgeous handmade gifts but with stashing gifts too.These pictures speak for themselves.
The first package to arrive was Barbara J
Just look at these absolutely beautifully stitched/quilted project bag with my favourite bird, OWL is a design by Gail Pan, an Australian Quilt designer who had has many wonderful designs. From inside the bag contents are a stitched pillow with part of the design from The Sampler Girl freebie sampler, Little Irish Sampler, a chart by LHN and a cut of a nature inspired fabric by Edyta Sitar .
The next packaged came from Margaret W
I was overwhelmed for her thoughtfulness when she bought me a 3 Course Dinner.. in packages... LOL !. Each package wrapped individually with instructions to be opened in accordance to the following order; starting with the Appetiser, contents of which are Laces, Ribbons, Flowery Bias Tape in amazing and gorgeous colors
Spoiling me further with this wonderful package is from Jess W. I just adore the design by Knotted Tree Needle Art that featured my fave OWL from the latest issue of JSC Halloween Magazine. Its just perfection and I absolutely loved the cute little snail tape measure , not too visible here
Here's a closeup of the Snail, and its not locally available? It was hand picked by Jess from the 2012 Melbourne Quilt Convention, what a wonderful find, another treasure to join my small tape measurement collection !
Thank you my dear friends. Your generosity overwhelms me and I hope you know how much I appreciate all that you sent.
A couple more packages are stashy gifts to myself
This is from The Sewing Shop at Publika. I believed the shop is associated with Quilt Gallery
A weird sighting in the sky. No its not a rainbow as I thought so too but there's no rain, while this is just a luminous ray of a ring around the sun. The picture was captured by a friend of Vincent who posted it on his FB on Tuesday morning.
The weather had been extremely hot last few days prior to its appearance. By noon everyone was talking of this “atmospheric phenomenon" . According to Wikipedia, the suspicious sighting is in fact referred to as a “sun dog” , also known as a phantom sun that creates bright spots of light in the sky. The cause of such appearance is when sunlight interacts with ice clouds or particles in the atmosphere. The crystals act as prism, bending the light rays passing through them and this can be happening any where around the globe. So no UFO or the end of the world yet, must have been quite a disappointment for some people here, while I didn't gave much thought of it until I read it in the news the next day. Ayuh ! Where was I ?
Thank you everyone who came by and took time to leave me your comments, I so appreciate.
Thank you for visiting !
The first package to arrive was Barbara J
Just look at these absolutely beautifully stitched/quilted project bag with my favourite bird, OWL is a design by Gail Pan, an Australian Quilt designer who had has many wonderful designs. From inside the bag contents are a stitched pillow with part of the design from The Sampler Girl freebie sampler, Little Irish Sampler, a chart by LHN and a cut of a nature inspired fabric by Edyta Sitar .
The next packaged came from Margaret W
I was overwhelmed for her thoughtfulness when she bought me a 3 Course Dinner.. in packages... LOL !. Each package wrapped individually with instructions to be opened in accordance to the following order; starting with the Appetiser, contents of which are Laces, Ribbons, Flowery Bias Tape in amazing and gorgeous colors
The Main Course are a Cross Stitch booklet designs of La-Da-Da, I can see myself stitching the many wonderful designs here while the stitched piece is by one of my fave designer
Homespun Elegance, May Our Hand Works
and the dessert are Bobbins, Thread winders, Hexagon templates and large buttons similar to the one she use for her Spool Pincushion exchange with me recently. I am so making this one !
And she did not forget an after dinner dessert ! Visualize these as bars of chocolate, LOLSpoiling me further with this wonderful package is from Jess W. I just adore the design by Knotted Tree Needle Art that featured my fave OWL from the latest issue of JSC Halloween Magazine. Its just perfection and I absolutely loved the cute little snail tape measure , not too visible here
Here's a closeup of the Snail, and its not locally available? It was hand picked by Jess from the 2012 Melbourne Quilt Convention, what a wonderful find, another treasure to join my small tape measurement collection !
Thank you my dear friends. Your generosity overwhelms me and I hope you know how much I appreciate all that you sent.
A couple more packages are stashy gifts to myself
This is from The Sewing Shop at Publika. I believed the shop is associated with Quilt Gallery
Where Diane couldn't resist a doll which is so lifelike and cupcakes from Wonder Milk, its her birthday gift from me since I didn't really got her a present on her birthday.
An order from our local store, Yee Buttons
The next package came months ago was an order I placed with Anita , but I couldn't revealed then as some stuff was intended as gifts.
I don't think I will be able to put these gorgeous gifts away for now, I have not even put away most of the stashy stuff that came months earlier either. I just adores everything that came. Thank you so much dear friends.A weird sighting in the sky. No its not a rainbow as I thought so too but there's no rain, while this is just a luminous ray of a ring around the sun. The picture was captured by a friend of Vincent who posted it on his FB on Tuesday morning.
Thank you everyone who came by and took time to leave me your comments, I so appreciate.
Thank you for visiting !













7 comments:
So glad you like the gifts and I do hope the project bag will come in useful! Since you're always making something or rather!
Great gifts and stitching from MW and Jess too. Very nice wooden spools and spool holder that you got from Yee's. Quite prim indeed.
A visual feast.
JessW.
What fab gifts , I would not put them away , just sit and look at them all beautiful. hugs.
Oh my goodness!! Talk about a fiesta of happiness in your mailbox! How neat. I loved all of your packages--what fun stuff. The pillow that Barbara made is gorgeous. That snail tape measure is adorable, too. Snails in real life gross me out but I love them when represented in fun ways like that.
WOW!! You are very well loved Lillie. Wonderful goodness.
You have get an amazing amount of wonderfull gifts !
I am sure you are now a very ,very happy little stitcher !!!
I liked everything you get -the ribbons and crts and ell hand made items...
You asked about the roses ?!
We have a very cold autumn rain here and the pink roses where the last flowers in my garden..
I took them inside and put to the vase because the heavy rain would have ruined them..
I am a big fan of roses (and all the flowers) and usually I always have some pretty flowers on the vases.
And I love to show them to my blogging friends :) :)
Wow, you were spoilt rotten here, lol. Enjoy everything, the stitched pieces and all the wonderful goodies you received.
Post a Comment