Couldn't resist not taking a snap of the colourful lanterns at Publika on my recent visit recently. The decoration is in conjunction with the Mid-Autumn festival this Sunday, where the moon plays a significant part of this festival and the third major festival being observed by the Chinese, that's how I know of the change of seasons via festivity in the Chinese calender. If you been reading me long enough, you will noticed that most festivities I mentioned are celebrated accordingly to the seasons, like now, while I am living in summer land, 365 days of it and the only noticeable season changes I get is when it rains plus the monsoon season thrown in. Very soon it will be Winter and we'll celebrate Winter Solstice, that will be another story.
I was quite sceptical at first with this bake. It did turned out moist, not too sweet but the chocolate was not enough, it was my doing not the recipe, sometimes I just don't follow through because sometimes I forgot I am still a novice and I should know better that the recipe is actually tried and tested by the qualified, LOL I must also have the layers for the next bake next time. The other cake, A moist Chocolate cake is a surprise gift from Ranie.
Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for stopping by.
Mid-Autumn or Moon cake festival is believed to have been originated in the 14 century.
Bakers today are churning out quirky flavours and giving their moon cakes fanciful names in their quest for uniqueness like these
Bakers today are churning out quirky flavours and giving their moon cakes fanciful names in their quest for uniqueness like these
(Google Images)
I still prefer the classic lotus paste filled golden brown baked moon cakes with or without salted eggs and red bean paste which I believed is the essence of this festivity, except maybe the coffee or mocha which my taste buds can still accept, afterall coffee is my cuppa ! LOL
I had previously posted a link under my post "Celebrating the Moon" ,wih regards to this festivity
I bake me my first Red Velvet Cake on Thursday when I found Buttermilk at one of the local bakery supplies shop in my area, with the recipe from google search, I also watch a video from Joy of Baking just to be sure.
I actually wanted red for the toppings but resolved to use what I had in my kitchen, there's even a packet of M&M's, so be it, the cake is not going anywhere was my thoughtI was quite sceptical at first with this bake. It did turned out moist, not too sweet but the chocolate was not enough, it was my doing not the recipe, sometimes I just don't follow through because sometimes I forgot I am still a novice and I should know better that the recipe is actually tried and tested by the qualified, LOL I must also have the layers for the next bake next time. The other cake, A moist Chocolate cake is a surprise gift from Ranie.
Some stitching news, I am into smallies lately while my WIP is currently napping. This is one of the four smallies that I have been stitching the past week.
Guardian of the Sea on 32 ct linen which took me one Sunday.
Freebie by The Little Stitcher
Stitched on linen 32ct remnants with floss by Needle Odyssey OD. Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for stopping by.








6 comments:
hmmmmm, those mooncakes looks delicious and such lovely colour!!
What a cute little freebie.
Happy weekend!!
Such pretty decorations Lillie. The cake turned out lovely. Very nice stitching.
All the Moon Ckaes are so pretty aand I am sure they are delicious!
The mermaid stitching is very pretty ! Enjoy the weekend !
DROOLING over your red velevt.
JessW.
I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at your blog!
I love those mermaids - off now to check out those sweet mermaids. :)
Oh my, what a delicious post this is, these pictures make my mouth water and I'd like to try one of these moon cakes. Or your Red Velvet cake.
Post a Comment