This is a a belated post, I couldn't possibly shared this any earlier, not before my private pincushion exchange with Margaret W was first delivered just so she don't get any hints that hers will carry a similar theme, LOL!
Removable top for storage of pins or just about anything
He seems to be asking "what are you looking at ?", doesn't he?
A lacy neck warmer scarf with weaved fringe
Crocheting with Sidar Snuggly and multicolor yarns was an interesting change . Its fascinating to watch the multicolor yarns emerging like a color pattern as I go along . Finishing it off by weaving the fringe with the multicolor yarns in chain stitch. Both are remnants yarns from my stash. There's no pattern for this, all I did was with ch, tr and db with a bit of fan like motif . Start with a long chain of any length you desire. I supposed its the multicolor yarn that make this all interesting.
Stitching some seasonal smallies
A walk into yesteryear's
One Saturday morning in October, I had a chance to walk into the Old KTM Railway Station located in the hub of the city with its Neo-Moorish/Mughal architecture that was built in 1910, designed by Arthur Benison Hubback, a British. It been years since I last travel on a train, not the Komuter but in a real coach train.
Can you imagine its splendour during the times when it was the main station connecting the North, South and East Coast? There's so much history here.
Sadly the station is pretty quiet today, its glory all gone when the station's original importance diminished and redundant facilities were withdrawn. In the name of modernisation and technology, this station has been replaced, relocated to a newer facility known as KL Sentral. Today the station caters only the intercity train services, the Komuter Electric and cargo train. The entire building is almost deserted except for a bus company that took tenant on one of its building facing the main road. The Heritage Station Hotel, fast food chain such as KFC and A& W was forced to close. As I ventured into its lobby, I found some exhibits showcasing train equipments of yesteryear's at the far end. I supposed its an effort to convert the station into some sort of a railway museum?
A model of the coach which I actually did ride many-many years ago, travelling with my grandma from the North to visit my aunt Julie during the school year end holidays. All of a sudden I felt so old . LOL !
A model locomotive
Lastly, a site model of the iconic KTM training school and administration office in Sentul cum train station which was operational since 1905. It was reported that it once contained the finest integrated engineering workshop in the world. The new central workshop and training facilities is now located to a quiet town of Batu Gajah, the Silver State Perak, a state in the north. The old train station building was retained however and given a new image and retrofitted to support the modernize electric train to service Sentul Komuter lines.
Reminiscing the yesteryear's.
Hope you enjoyed the walk with me and wishing you a Happy Weekend !










9 comments:
A real trip down memory lane; the train station and your wedding pics. Congrats on your 25th anniversary to both of you.
JessW.
Gorgeous pincushion, love it! Love your scarf and seasonal smalls too!
Yes, it has been a long time since I took a train to Malaysia! Now, the rails are gone, it's so sad!
Thanks for sharing the photos!
Hugs,
Yes! I did enjoy the walk with you. Thanks for sharing it. Your stitching and your scarf look wonderful.
Such an adorable pincushion!! And your stitching all looks great, too.
What an interesting railway station--so sad that it is no longer used very much...
Hello
This is my first visit to your blog.
Your post is very interesting and Your stitching is lovely.
The pincushion is very sweet.
Happy weekend!
Beautiful strawberries, love all your stitching.
Great post .hugs.
Lovely seasonal stitching!!!
Cute pincushion, scarf and stitching smallies! And thank you for the history lesson! I love reading about things like this!
Such cute pincushion, love it. and lovely scarf!!
Enjoyed the walk, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment