I always had a thing for pincushions but what have carrots to do with pincushions ?
I didn't bake a Carrot Cake either, instead I bake my first Banana Bread on Monday night. This easy recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking is really a quick and easy but I made one change, I added almonds. Loved the aroma from the cinnamon that filled my kitchen while its in the oven.
Back to pincushion, meet Chef Carat. Its from some ideas I have been toying. Always wondered if its possible.
I didn't bake a Carrot Cake either, instead I bake my first Banana Bread on Monday night. This easy recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking is really a quick and easy but I made one change, I added almonds. Loved the aroma from the cinnamon that filled my kitchen while its in the oven.
Back to pincushion, meet Chef Carat. Its from some ideas I have been toying. Always wondered if its possible.
The tape and coin for size
So what do you think ? I welcome your views.
Frame Pincushion inspired by the one given by Mel at the NNC Anniversary Meet, thou not as fancy as the one from Mel, picture below.
I had this little frames for a very long time, never quite know what to do with it since its too small for photos except those passport size photos which I am not too fond of as you can guess, I always ended up looking either like on "WANTED" list or something scared the hell out of me !
Anyway, stuffing this up ain't easy, now I know and I would finish it differently if I ever had a next, for now do excuse that shabby finishing.
It amazed me now on how Mel's pincushion look so perfect, all 18 pieces ! (If I recalled correctly) with that gorgeous frame !
Anyway, stuffing this up ain't easy, now I know and I would finish it differently if I ever had a next, for now do excuse that shabby finishing.
It amazed me now on how Mel's pincushion look so perfect, all 18 pieces ! (If I recalled correctly) with that gorgeous frame !
Fabric 32ct Sandstone
Floss : DMC
Design : A spot of Tea - Dragon Dreams Freebie
A totally forgotten piece. Stitch this so long ago never get to finish it until I need to practice finishing of a flatfold before I went on to finished one for Dani. Apparently, one practice is not good enough.
Believe is finally almost done. Its a bit intimidating with the french knots, so I'll get it done when the feel surface. I must start the final part soon
I am ending my post with a little teaser for my next post
Thank you everyone who came by and took time to leave your comments, I so appreciate.
Happy Crafting !


7 comments:
I love the carrots Lillie. Your stitching and finishing look good. Always fun to try something new.
That carrot pincushion turned out really well. Other ideas I have seen include a teadup being turned into a p/c, and also an empty ( used up ) lipstick.
JessW.
Chef Carat is so cute, Lillie--what a great idea for a pincushion :)
Lovely framed pincushion and stitching, too :)
You are so creative...love your stuff.
Brilliant idea! I love Chef Carat. So cute! Lovely stitching too :)
Hugs,
Veronica.
What a great idea they are, your little carrot pincushions. And so perfectly finsihed. You just have to love them.
Your banana bread sounds yummmmmy, Lillie.
Love the carrot pincushion, great job!!
Post a Comment