Tuesday, May 08, 2012

The Birth-dazz

The first birthday of the year on my list begins in April and it came last week. From The Heart  is my theme this year for Jess W.
Stitched Design : Love Letters
By : With Thy Needle and Thread
Fabric (?)32ct Stitch ville from my stash
Threads All DMCs
The key :  ??? Can't remember
My entire package included a box, purposely left unfinished,  so that its open to ideas for Jess to finish the box to her heart's desire, its also for me not to spoil the box with mine?  Instead I put into the box some smallies of sewing things ..my way of making up for the nakedness. . . .  that box !
Within days after mailing out Jess's gift, I completed stitching this.
Design name : Alphabet Button Heart
By Ewe & Ewe & Friends
Fabric 32ct Spun Silver - Stitch ville
Threads Originally called for -  DMC 3790
I got an awkward feeling sewing the buttons so I resolved to sewing the buttons in no particular order nor in order as the chart not that the chart provides any markings but rather randomly picking up the buttons from the lot and sewing it on.
Finished into a heart
Backing Fabric : As shown Amy Butler
This is for the next birthday that came only days apart from Jess, its  Barbara J, fondly known as  BJ .
The package that I had put together for her. Now, I would loooooved to see how she finish her box ! LOL This is sure fun! I think I am brilliant in making these two girls work out their gift! Or they gonna kill me the next time we meet! Yucks !! n Shivers! Kidding ? In the box for BJ was a glass bottle with a note, BJ did you read the note?
Its my first attempt putting together a Magnetic Vial for needles. As I wrote to BJ, its a lot of gluing and hoped it will hold for a long time to come. . . . . eternity? maybe not. . . .  .never got the chance to tested it out if its good enough either, coz it went straight into BJ's box. Looks like a letter in a bottle doesn't it? I did put in 3 needles so BJ could get an idea of its use.
Well, that's about a bit of crafting news that ends in April and to begin May with. Thanks everyone who had come by and leaving me your comments and to all who had been on my followers list, I on the other hand haven't been visiting much in return as work hadn't slow down and  I am not feeling myself lately. I shall leave you then with some photos of the Bird from Margaret that I got to play a bit while in the process of taking photos. Actually, I wanted to emphasize its tail  which is beaded.  Pardon my bad photography !
The daylight actually made my camera captured a lighter and brighter fabric color from its original, and its looking a bit lost and lonely maybe? No worries, I'll have it join my Robin.

Happy Crafting !





7 comments:

Barbara J said...

I am embarrassed to say I did not read the note in the bottle. I didn't think there was a note. I thought it was paper rolled up to help the placement of the needles. Ooh ... so sorry.

I've read it now and I put it back safely in the bottle, there it will stay.

Thank you for the lovely box and the stitched heart. I hope to do the box justice ... in time ... :)

Anonymous said...

Love the little bird. You did a great job on both the hearts. Love the backing fabric too. :)

Mylene said...

WOW! What lovely gifts you've made for the birthday celeebrants! I am sure they are thrilled with their gifts.

Same over here, work and kind of down lately...hope you feel better soon.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous heart ornaments, love them!

I love the boxes, may I know where did you get them? I sure would love to get one for myself, ha ha!

Lovely bird from Margaret, the tail is unique!

Hope you are feeling well now!

Hugs,

Jane said...

Hi Lillie
Just found your blog via Mylene and so glad I have. Your creations are beautiful, I love them all especially the alphabet button hearts and the little felt birds are so sweet BUT the white bunny dishes really caught my eye, they're so so cute!
Have become an official 'stalker' and will enjoy coming back and seeing more!!!
Jane
(Buttons & Stitches x x x)

Veronica said...

Beautiful gifts you've made, Lillie. I love those randomly sewed on buttons :) Where did you buy those naked (LOL) boxes from? I've only seen ones without partition.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I got way too many beautiful things in my b'day package - thank you, thank you. That prim heart is soo me. And I love the box - just hope I can find a pattern worthy of it - I promise no shaking my fist at you when we next meet for making me do the box's finishing, lol.
Nice beaded accent on the birie's tail.
JessW.xx.