The festivity is only a week away before the all important family reunion.
Week Two, I've been house cleaning, its a superstitious thing and customary to give the house a thorough cleaning and to sweep away all the ill fortune/bad luck from the previous year and make way for the fortunes of a New Year. I still observe the no sweeping on New Year's day as I do not want to be blame for sweeping the good fortune for the New Year away. To me its my annual spring cleaning especially now that the new school year already started, the books from last year either go to a new home or charity and clothes that the kids have outgrown as well.
In between, I did some sewing but the other kind, curtains. Its all up where it should be. I would love to have those fancy finishing with buttons, but then I do not know how and do not have they time to look up a tutorial yet.. So these will do for now...........this year.
Another bake of the week, Haw Flakes cookies.
Haw flakes is produce from the Hawthorn berries imported from China. The fruit looked gorgeous, don't they? the processed product packaging had been around for as long as I can remember.
In between, I did some sewing but the other kind, curtains. Its all up where it should be. I would love to have those fancy finishing with buttons, but then I do not know how and do not have they time to look up a tutorial yet.. So these will do for now...........this year.
Another bake of the week, Haw Flakes cookies.
Haw flakes is produce from the Hawthorn berries imported from China. The fruit looked gorgeous, don't they? the processed product packaging had been around for as long as I can remember.
Some weeks back while shopping with Diane, we found this eatery, Pak Hai Lam Kopitiam.The interior of this outlet at one of the shopping mall was rather cozy and spacious. It was our late lunch, the lunch crowd is almost gone and we could linger a bit longer to rest our feet. Our choice was local flavours instead of its small selection of Western food offering.








3 comments:
What a georgeous colour of red do those berreis have !
The look very much like european cherryes,how about the taste ??
The food must be very tasty ,I love Asian kitchen !!
Wee have now winter ,it is etremely cold and there have been several snow-storms here.
No worry, I have warm and cosy in my home :)
Oh wow! You're making me hungry! I'm quite excited for the new year, I'm a dragon baby so this is my year.
Oh Lillie, you make my mouth water with these pictures ...
Post a Comment