There was nothing to show to welcome the beginning of July. I just had to wait for this to reach Eling, my birthday gift which arrived safely yesterday.
Its been some busy few weeks both work and homefront plus some procrastination for ideas, I was finally running late, well almost. Something else even got left out from my hurried packing.
Close up of the thread winder shape needlebook and the inside.
I just had to share a snap that I stole of Diane's school project on Culture and Heritage - Malaysian Traditional Games for High School which she and her partner, Miss Fang came up with. Firstly, it was it my fridge and I thought it was CHOCOLATE, LOL. This is CONGKAK, an ancient game played by the womenfolk. Those times, it was played on dug out earth with tamarind seeds or seashells, seashells if they lived by the sea I supposed. Anyway,
Till the next update, hope yours are filled with sunshines.
Close up of the thread winder shape needlebook and the inside.
I just had to share a snap that I stole of Diane's school project on Culture and Heritage - Malaysian Traditional Games for High School which she and her partner, Miss Fang came up with. Firstly, it was it my fridge and I thought it was CHOCOLATE, LOL. This is CONGKAK, an ancient game played by the womenfolk. Those times, it was played on dug out earth with tamarind seeds or seashells, seashells if they lived by the sea I supposed. Anyway,
Its approximately 21cm in length x 9cm wide, moulded with plasticine. 'Seeds' here are beads, I wonder where those came from ;P Today, the game has been refined to a board game made of wood and plastic mould and the seeds has been replaced with marbles or pebbles, thou tamarind seeds and seashells are still in use. More info from : Malaysian Traditional Game
Weather this morning, raining, so was yesterday and the day before, picture snap as I was driving back to the office after sending Vincent to college. It's been forecast to be mostly cloudy and scattered thunder storms today. High : 31C and Low : 23C. Look like it going to be some wet, wet days ahead.Till the next update, hope yours are filled with sunshines.

3 comments:
Lovely pinkeep and needle book! Love the cute little spools of thread, scissors and buttons on the pinkeep.
The Malaysian game is cetainly intriguing and interesting.
Crossing in Stitches With You!
Beautiful birthday gift Lillie.
Not much of a summer here in Scotland either endless days of showers for the past few months.
What a neat gift! Your friend is so lucky--that is beautiful.
I enjoyed seeing the game. LOL at your thinking it was chocolate!! LOL My girls have a game that is similar to that--I forget what it's called, but they loved playing it when they were younger.
Post a Comment