Monday, January 31, 2011

The rabbit is coming

The phrase reminds me of Alice in Wonderland ! LOL! OK, its the last day of work tomorrow, although its the Federal Territorial Day, I don't get the holiday, simply because the office is not in the Federal Territory. Otherwise there will be extra 2 days and which could mean the entire week off !!

Count down to the festivity.
While spring cleaning, I got a little help or rather a little inspector to inspect the things I am throwing. She was the busiest of all, going through all the boxes and curious with all the packaging.....

until she got tired of it and found a little safe spot and resolved that she'll just monitor from where she is. LOL
Some baking
Pineapple tarts
Honey Cornflake cookies
London Almond Cookies before chocolate dipping
and the after . I will still need to bake some cakes and steam some Huat Kueh, that will have to wait for tomorrow and eve.
Anyone seen the rabbit ?
Festive gift
Hampers these days came in very attractive packaging such as theseThe second basket deserved a closer look, which I didn't realized until four days later when I was moving it elsewhere from where it was placed when it was first delivered.Cherry blossom from paper quilling.....pretty
Where's the rabbit ?
My 6 ft Pussy Willow from Chinatown are all decorated, it sits in the dinning area like it always did.
In an auspicious colors that sit beside the piano

While sewing the blouse, I also sew these. Its like killing two birds with one stone. Will reveal these later.
Lastly, the blouse is done, buttons and all, excuse the bad pic...errr......... hanging the blouse
Oh! there you are !

GONG XI FA CAI
YEAR OF THE RABBIT 2011

to all readers celebrating the Chinese New Year
May you hop into a year that brings you great health,
great happiness and great prosperity
and
to all who are having the festive holidays,
Have a good holiday and travel safe.


Enjoy the festivity and the holidays!

9 comments:

Nima said...

Good to see all festive preparations. I can't wait to see your pillows closely..great achievment of sewing too.

Barbara J said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Wishing you and your family a prosperous rabbit year!

The cookies look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Milo Kitty,
What a productive mama you have! Delicious looking home bakes. Kong Hei Fatt Choi.
JessW.

barbara said...

What a wonderfully festive post! Thanks for all the great pictures!

Janet C said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai & may the star of prosperity shine brightly on you! :)

Sonda said...

What a beautiful helper! All the preparations look wonderful!

Margaret said...

Happy New Year.
Such wonderful festive preparations Lillie. The baking looks so yummy.
Kitty looks like she is a big help.

Mylene said...

WOW! Look at all those YUMMMMY homemade cookies!!

Happy New Year!!

Jeannette StG said...

I LOVE the material of the blouse (top) you're making!
And about your post above: what meaning does the year of the rabbit have? I'm interested in it because my son teaches in China (and you may remember we are Dutch) -thanks!