Friday, August 20, 2010

Just a few random things

When the hospital became a temporary home , while waiting for results and what nots, I only manage to grab one bag that has my unfinished but almot done crochet navy blue crop jacket in it. Frankly, I wasn't in a mood to crochet let alone stitching when my kids was bedridden, but after the kids came home and things settled down a bit, I took a look at that unfinished piece and began working that last sleeve, there wasn't much to crochet left actually, its was the last 2 rows, yet I had left it idle for so many months. This morning I attached both sleeves to the armhole and I'm done No, its done! Here's a snap. Original design has butterfly wing sleeves but for me, I've lengthen it to elbow length.
A day after the Doctor cleared her full recovery, Diane celebrated her fifteen birthday. I baked my first cupcakes for her with simple icing decorations. Twenty pieces cupcakes that wasn't all perfect looking but so glad it made her happy considering her trials exams began 2 days ago. DH promised her a treat the coming weekend. Two version of icing decorated cupcakes, the better looking ones for a closeup snap obviously...lolThank you everyone for your sweet comments on my last post and the well wishes. Vincent's platelet count was above 400 plus as of yesterday's visit to the Doctor, he is considered fully recovered, but still having post viral symptoms which I was told could last up to 2 weeks or more.

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments on my last post and the good thoughts and wishes. All is well now. I hope things will slowly get back to normal and I can get back to things I missed out including blog visiting again.

Have a good weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Nima said...

Glad to know that kids are fine now...Your crochet finish looks awesome...i love it..

Mylene said...

wow! Great job on the crocheted crop jacket, it is so beautiful.

Happy Birthday to Diane and glad to hear you are all recovering well.

Lainey said...

Congrats on finishing your pretty jacket. Glad to hear both your kids are recovering well. The cupcakes look yummy!

Janet C said...

Great to know your children have recovered.
Lovely crocheted piece!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lillie, it's so good to read that everything is back to normal and that your kids are completely healed by now. Must be such a big relief for you all.
I love the crocheted jacket very much. And the cupcakes look fantastic! I'm sure they were eaten up very fast, lol.