Friday, July 09, 2010

City of Eternal Spring - JiuXiang Cave

ppAnother installment on my trip. Hope this doesn't bored anyone either. Note, its a bit long.

I started my day early with breakfast at about 7:45am to 8am daily and sat on this very table . Breakfast was something like these
Diane will have a pancake or some cereals while I will go for a bit heavy with salad, and either a piece of chicken or french toast and some fruits, such was the meal for the first 2 days
Our 2nd day, our journey begins at 10:30am. Highlight of today is actually an endurance test!!
You'll see why...

After travelling on the road for almost 2 hours, we made a stop at 'Zho Fung' for lunch. This is the reason why I had my breakfast early. At my age, I need time to get my food digested before lunch..lol As we step closer to the main entrance, we noticed the yellow thing, which are corns, the real thing but dried and lead into a door way to this place where everyone was caught speechless for a momentwith low stool almost squatting on ' natural carpet' flooring...the entire floor is covered with cut grass and the place smell like...well, very grassy...
Diane's first reaction was..Eeeek ! any crawlies coming out ??!!?! of course not! LOL.
now, the meal
looked like pancake, tasted like one too...only not quite and without syrup or are we suppose to dip into something...like a gravy?? anyone has any idea??local rice wine served in this beautiful teapot....taste like sake....so yummy! and I just gotta buy this teapot !............... I DID! Just gotta get a picture of this, the men and WOMAN 's roomAn estimated slightly over half an hour journey later, about 90km east we arrived at the breathtaking gate of JuXiang Cave which literally means Fragrant cave or Nine Wines The lift from the top of the mountain took us down to the river bankAbout 40 mins river cruise down the Yinchui Gorge that runs down into an ancient cave
From the cruise, we were ushered into the caves.
where the endurance test took place here, an estimated 3.5km walk into a cradle of caves
where rivers rushing through the ground and echo across walls
we walked from over that bridge  to where I snap this picture
see the cave opening in this picture with a stone formation resembling a lion leaping?
That is where we are heading, however, within the cave it boasts of wondrous limestone formations, all naturally shaped by time such as
the 'Immortals Cave'
Magic field or the Fairy's Paddy fieldsLooked Upside down? No, I did not upload wrongly, its known as the Upside Down underground stone forest in the Bat Cave which was once A bat cave, now no more....so sadThe twin waterfalls
These caves are on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
I wasn't the only one puffing or panting as we emerge from the other end at the Lion's hill, into lush green forest, and the open air-chair lift. The view was simply magnificent, it took the mind off tired legs
on top of the world...I didn't want to leave the chair....if only I could
As we step down from the open air-chair lift and walked out of the gate, handcrafted items from stall setup outside that ends the journey are aplenty. lots of cross-stitched designs on bags using aida fabricsWhile travelling earlier as we were driven away from the city highway into country roads, I happen to look up the mountain during one particular stretch of road and noted this railway station on a cliff of a mountainand there were several tunnels such as this cutting through mountains as well.
We arrived at Sheng Shan Restaurant at 6pm for our dinner that ends at about 7:45pm
Thank you everyone for your continued visits, I appreciate your comments very much. I am currently terribly behind blog read, as I have a lot of catching up to do at work for the time I was away and
catching up on the other life . Yet, I was forced to go on a half day leave yesterday to attend Diane's open day and as usual, she was top in her class with good assessment and great reviews from her teacher, Mr Mahalingam. Well done dear!
I am so proud of her.
Thank you Jackie for commenting on the pictures from the plane, I am no expert photographer, from trial and error, all I did was turn it on to landscape, no flash and snap!
Tomorrow we are celebrating FIL's 80th birthday, gosh! it felt like only 2 years ago we celebrated his 70th.
Wanna know if I stitch during my trip? Stay tune for my next post.
Happy weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Hillery said...

The pictures are just beautiful. I am envious. Looks like a wonderful time.

Lainey said...

Amazing pictures of your wonderful trip, thanks so much for sharing.
Hope your FIL has a lovely birthday.

Emily said...

gorgeous tea pot! envy envy!

Mylene said...

Great pictures of your trip. Thanks for sharing them all.