The most important in the Chinese New Year tradition is the reunion dinner that falls on the eve of the Lunar Chinese Calender. The dinner is less of a ceremony and more of a promise that the family will once again unite despite their work and studies outside. The feast that's held on the eve of the New Year is always well prepared and sumptuous.
Seen here, Vincent with his elder cousin, Winnie imitating a tiger's attack on food. Coincidentally, Winnie is a Tiger baby
I couldn't make much time to prepare any handmade ornaments except this Candy 'Ong Lai' (pineapple) as part of a decorative ornament to usher into the New Year for my house this year.
Last bake before I headed home to my Inlaws, a chocolate cake that is turned upside down to cool down. Actually, 2 days before my going away to my Inlaws, we had a reunion dinner of sort for mum before she left for home at a Chinese restaurant. We had sharkfins, yee sang, lor hon chai, Steamed cod fish in soya sauce and Mangoes Chicken which I will not tempt you with foodie pictures but a teapot instead which is kinda interesting and amusing shape as the shape of it is a replica of an actual packet of Chinese Tea in its packet form.
Yes, I do wanna take this home with me, if only I could....LOL
and a picture of Vincent who is seated in a position as if he was on a deck or at a sea front but actually in the restaurant that had a wall with that scenery
Something sweet to symbolize my 'Kwee Nee' in Hokkien or ' Hoi Nin' in Cantonese on my return home the 5th day
Look! who I found napping at the most unlikely place one morning ?
My last Valentine piece, a freebie from Sylvia's blog and the first February start.
Thank you for stopping by with your wonderful comments.
I couldn't make much time to prepare any handmade ornaments except this Candy 'Ong Lai' (pineapple) as part of a decorative ornament to usher into the New Year for my house this year.
Last bake before I headed home to my Inlaws, a chocolate cake that is turned upside down to cool down. Actually, 2 days before my going away to my Inlaws, we had a reunion dinner of sort for mum before she left for home at a Chinese restaurant. We had sharkfins, yee sang, lor hon chai, Steamed cod fish in soya sauce and Mangoes Chicken which I will not tempt you with foodie pictures but a teapot instead which is kinda interesting and amusing shape as the shape of it is a replica of an actual packet of Chinese Tea in its packet form.
Yes, I do wanna take this home with me, if only I could....LOL
and a picture of Vincent who is seated in a position as if he was on a deck or at a sea front but actually in the restaurant that had a wall with that scenery
Something sweet to symbolize my 'Kwee Nee' in Hokkien or ' Hoi Nin' in Cantonese on my return home the 5th day
Look! who I found napping at the most unlikely place one morning ?
My last Valentine piece, a freebie from Sylvia's blog and the first February start.
Thank you for stopping by with your wonderful comments.
1 comment:
Nice teapot!
Post a Comment