It has been some busy weeks, there's a mad rush for things to be done both at work and home. It took quite an amount of energy out of me. The fact that on some days I woke up with a headache and flu plus cough like symptom became my worst days. I can't say I am improving, coz I am not sure if I really did have health issues, maybe its the weather.
So, January came, felt like only yesterday that the welcoming of the New Year was being celebrated, today January no more. Where did the weeks go?? the happenings.........
Work wise, I am happy to note that am about 80% complete with my paper works. The much anticipated announcement by the firm for the coming festive holidays was finally announced two weeks ago. Now, that gives me approximate 2 weeks to review and work on some updates and schedules before the holidays.
Homefront, I manage to sort out a huge pile of junk from my effort of spring cleaning the house. Imagined, all those rubbish being stored from dunno since when. Didn't I spring clean the house last year too? No wonder I am running out of storage space.
I have vowed to eliminate all so called ' it might come in handy one day thingy' from now on, no more hoarding of such things , caused eventually such thingy ended up cluttering space for stash, err..did I just said stash?? LOL
Then, there's festivity shopping trips on some weekends. Diane and me had some girls time out shopping, one particular fitting room was so soothing to walk into, but it kinda takes your eyes off from the clothes
the message on the board, not captured are the words on the far right hand corner, "Love, from the bunch of girls you are looking at "
Diane with the cake they contributed with a message
Teaching the girls for ten years. Its was also the day Diane received news that she passed her Fundamental Yamaha Grade 5 that she took more that a month ago. Diane was thrilled that she passed this round the first time cos' only 4 girls from her class succeeded and I am so very glad she did too. Hence, the gift! Congrads dear !
Diane is now doing her Performance Grade which is also a Teacher's Diploma Grade.
So, January came, felt like only yesterday that the welcoming of the New Year was being celebrated, today January no more. Where did the weeks go?? the happenings.........
Work wise, I am happy to note that am about 80% complete with my paper works. The much anticipated announcement by the firm for the coming festive holidays was finally announced two weeks ago. Now, that gives me approximate 2 weeks to review and work on some updates and schedules before the holidays.
Homefront, I manage to sort out a huge pile of junk from my effort of spring cleaning the house. Imagined, all those rubbish being stored from dunno since when. Didn't I spring clean the house last year too? No wonder I am running out of storage space.
I have vowed to eliminate all so called ' it might come in handy one day thingy' from now on, no more hoarding of such things , caused eventually such thingy ended up cluttering space for stash, err..did I just said stash?? LOLThen, there's festivity shopping trips on some weekends. Diane and me had some girls time out shopping, one particular fitting room was so soothing to walk into, but it kinda takes your eyes off from the clothes
Having a timeout at Delifrance and these are what we had
Diane's choice of her gift from me, the Gwen Stefani's Hara Juku Lovers fragrance, which has her middle name in Chinese.
Stitching wise, I only manage to stitch some smallies on the days when I could steal some time to stitch, both done are Valentine, am stitching this early or I will never get it done in time. Both freebies, Primitive Bettys - Valentine with DMC 3371 and 304 and Love by The Stitcherhood with DMC 304 on 32 ct Linen
and one new start at the beginning of the month which I will not reveal much for now
and one new start at the beginning of the month which I will not reveal much for now
Heart touching moment, Diane and music mates gave their music teacher a surprise on January 16, who was caught speechless.
the message on the board, not captured are the words on the far right hand corner, "Love, from the bunch of girls you are looking at "
Diane with the cake they contributed with a message
Teaching the girls for ten years. Its was also the day Diane received news that she passed her Fundamental Yamaha Grade 5 that she took more that a month ago. Diane was thrilled that she passed this round the first time cos' only 4 girls from her class succeeded and I am so very glad she did too. Hence, the gift! Congrads dear !Diane is now doing her Performance Grade which is also a Teacher's Diploma Grade.
A bit of baking, Pineapple Tarts with homemade pineapple jams, will need to bake a couple more trays
4 hours later


Appreciation fruits basket for VIPs, a Minister and 5 senators for attending a function that took place last weekend at DH's hometown. It took me 4 hours to prepare, each basket contained 30 pieces and I was told only the night before by DH that it was to be delivered to the function hall by 4pm the next day. I went off to the nearest Tesco and filled my cart with their best fruits that I could find on that day, it was a bit of a disappointment, there wasn't much for choice.


the dinner that followed , the first dish is all I managed to snap, LOL
bad lighting, Diane and Vincent and below, sharing with you some pics from last Friday, our firm year end Annual Dinner. Some light moments between staff and clients before dinner is served..shhh...stole the shot from the back with my cellphone
where was I focusing??..oh! the flowers
the table setting from my seat
2nd dish, Braised Shark's fin Soup with Dried Scallops & Crab Meat, I had mine with fresh cut of green chilies and 5 dishes later
Double Boiled Sea Coconut with White Fungus & Ginseng and Green Onion Pie

bad lighting, Diane and Vincent and below, sharing with you some pics from last Friday, our firm year end Annual Dinner. Some light moments between staff and clients before dinner is served..shhh...stole the shot from the back with my cellphone
where was I focusing??..oh! the flowers
the table setting from my seat
2nd dish, Braised Shark's fin Soup with Dried Scallops & Crab Meat, I had mine with fresh cut of green chilies and 5 dishes later
Double Boiled Sea Coconut with White Fungus & Ginseng and Green Onion Pie
Thanks for visiting and I appreciate a lot for leaving me your wonderful comments, and to those who had sent me p.m. asking of my well being, I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart, you know now nothing seriously wrong with me only short of Internet time.





7 comments:
wow! What a wonderful post, really enjoyed reading your updates.
Lovely Valentine finishes and pretty new start.
CONGRATULATIONS to Diane!
Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures.
Goodluck with your spring cleaning- need to do that too so think will start it this week and much much less stitching and coming online!
Love the update and the finishes. Congrats to Diane..I know you must both be proud.
congrats to Diane...
Nice to read your updates...and thank you for shring lots of photos...the fruit basket looks awesome
ooh..nice food..yum yum...
I have the same problem with those stuff in my house too....gosh...its hard to get rid of them but i need to...
Do you really need to show all that food??!! lol
It looks so good!!!!
The Valentines finishes are awesome.
What a month!! The Valentine's stitches are so cute, glad you had time to fit them in with all of your busy happenings!
You're doing great with the spring cleaning :) You know, every time I visit your blog, I get hungry!!
Congrats on your valentine's finishes.
Post a Comment