Saturday, August 15, 2009

NNC's stitching bee

My very first attendance, it was made possible when my Diane decided to skip her music lesson this Saturday to attend her once a year Student's Counsellor meet venued at a local hotel. Margaret and sister, Jackie was so kind to have offered me a lift, both ways (to mentioned, Margaret's DS, DD and Janet's DD are there too)Thank you so much ladies . I drove to the nearest train station to find that the road was closed and I had to make a detour some 1km away to U-turn into the parking lot. The old station was in operation since 1905 as a Central workshop will soon be getting a new building, currently construction in progress, seen at the far end, (pic above) about time too.




I arrived at my pick up point, the K L Railway station on Platform 2, and make my way to the main entrance on Platform 1,( its been ages since I last set foot here and seriously, I am lost finding my way out) felt like I'e walked for some 50 meters, had to asked for directions including taking an escalator to find myself out and so embarrassing late.Even Janet who came all the way on a 3 hour journey from Ipoh had arrived before me.

Front view of the station
KL Railway Station, with its Neo-Moorish/Mughal/Indo-Saracenic/Neo-Saracenic" style was completed in 1910 to replaced and older station. Building design by Arthur Benison Hubback, a British Architectural Assistant to the Director of Public Works, undertook the design of the station.




We arrived at Starbuck, Bangsar Village II to find a few ladies was already there. Anna, Alynn, Veronica,Rose (hopefully I did not missed anyone else) Thou, meeting most of the ladies here for the first time, we talked like we knew each other for ages.
The show and tell , Margaret's craft books, charts from France and UK, Sabariah's China trip, Janet's Sydney Craft fair, Anna's crochet, Alynn's felt pieces and Veronica's fabulous finishes, LHN teacups series , Neighbourhood and Esperanza . Exchanges and birthday gifts also in progress
Tatting teaching in progress, Sabariah with her 2 students, Veronica(blue) & me
The delicious spread of cupcakes brought by Alynn, there's yummy carrot cake by Anna, I missed taking that photoSoon, we were joined by Jackie , Sabariah, Mel and JuneThe Jar pincushion exchange in progress, where some of the talented ladies, opps...and a gentleman, Paul (who was not present) did and decided to have an on the spot exchange. After the draw, the Jar pincushion revealed closeup two of of the jar pincushion . One of it belongs to Paul , that amazing stitching on a gingham fabric, isn't it just amazing?
Flown all the way from USA, gift from Diane, lovely DMC range of flosses. This is my draw arranged by Margaret. Thank you so much Diane for your thoughtfullness and Margaret to distribute the gifts.


Special thanks and big hugs, to Sabariah, for being my 'sifu' in tatting and for your patient while I struggle and wasted quite an amount of threads. Notforgetting,the lovely brooch from you. I came home and puttatting into practice with Anchor No 10, white for now...can't work with the tiny thread yet, just in case I need to frog
while I had problem and got my thread stuck at the meet, I did it!!! I've pulled it!!!even this...yeah !but what I don't understand is why the second one is so far apart? even the third? this is no good ?
what is this? oh!, don't laugh
its my practice tatting shuttle!!! I had missed placed my old shuttle, I know I have it, I've seen it before, some 30 something years old tatting shuttle, so took up my 'sifu' Sabariah's advise to make one just to get the hang of the flipping. These old bones are all too stiff already, so need to soften it abit

One day, soon, must search for that shuttle.
The meet ends about 2 pm in several groups leaving, our group went to fill out tummy at Chatter Box. Once again, thanks Margaret for
picking up the bill. Spotted a cupcake shop on our way out, Bisou bake shop, I just had to get some for Diane. Its afterall her Birthday today and she loves cupcakes
When she got home to open the box, this is what she saw..err..we saw....due to the journey I had to make, one of the toppings melted, nevertheless, its still yummy

Mel delivered the buttons I purchased , thank you so much Mel!





















 
I don't know if I will be able to attend the next meet. I had a great time and the ladies are all so wonderful

Wishing everyone a Happy Sunday!
 
Psst!..........stole 2 photos from the group album ;P

3 comments:

Nima said...

Lillie, it was nice to read about your meet up...and thank you for sharing photographs...

hope you are enjoyinh your tatting lesson...

Janet C said...

Great to meet you at last!
Tatting needs lots of practise - I kind of lost touch too! lol.

Mylene said...

Looks like you all had a great time.