Sunday, May 17, 2009

what's cook'in

tonite, it's Chicken Rice for dinner the rice before cooking after
the rice cooked still hot in the pot, knotted some leaves of pandan (that's the green thing).
the rice added with pounded garlics , onions and ginger before putting it to cooked giving it
some color and also flavour instead of the plain white rice the chicken and veg with the homemade chillie sauce

This is occasionally prepared dish as it involves a lot of work, pounding the 1st ingredients comprising garlics, onions and ginger, the second phase of pounding is the chillie paste and then preparing the chicken which can either be steam for white chicken or roasted or even fried.

If you are wondering why?, I don't normally spent a lot of time in the kitchen.



On mother's day from Vincent and Diane , a due and deserving post from the heartBoth kids had put a lot of effort this time, which I didn't blog about it in my Mother's day post

which they dearly deserved,
I was even served pasta in tomatoes, Diane cooked on her own which is very yummy for she cooked for her mummy
BIG HUGS AND THANK YOU, dears
Love you & you
both of you really and truly made my day


Thank you for stopping by, hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and a start to a wonderful new week

9 comments:

Jackie said...

There is fun in cooking at home in our favourite kitchen. I m sure u had lots of fun whip up that yummy delicious simple home cooked food for your beloved !

I loves to have meals with a small dish either cut red padi chilli or my mum's home made chilli. Mmm really know how to pound the chilli, she doesnt like to use the blender (it really tasted a lot of difference...do u agree ?)

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

This looks yummy! Makes me want to go into the kitchen and its almost midnight!

Cindy said...

Wow..home cooked chicken rice. It must be really yummy.

Mylene said...

Great gifts from the kids for mother's day. and the food sure looks yummmmmmmmmmmmmy!!

Meari said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day :)

Jeannette StG said...

Tell your kids (I didn't know you were a mom!!) that they know how to show they love their mom!

I really like to try the rice like you cooked. But what is pandan? Do you know the English name for it? Can I get it at an American store or market, or do I have to go to a specialty store?
Okay to answer me at your blog (I probably have more time than you right now, LOL)

Dawn B. said...

Looks yummy..Glad you had a good Mothers Day

Jackie said...

Hey, how are you ?

No new update !! OOO...

Love being here, looking forward to "see" you soon.

Anonymous said...

lovely gifts from your kids on Mother's Day,I do like carnations, they last for a good while.
the food looks yummy!